OnBuy Woodworking Planing Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Not sure if it's been posted before, but just stumbled upon this machine that states it can plane, saw and drill. Is this kind of machine normal? I'm concerned as to how you would switch on the individual part you want to use and if not how safe it would be planing timber with a saw on right next to the fence.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-26 at 21.08.12.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-26 at 21.08.12.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 89
also, it appears to be lacking a riving knife and guards. they may be on another picture but it looks like a death trap in the one that I can see.

also, it appears to be lacking a riving knife and guards. they may be on another picture but it looks like a death trap in the one that I can see.
I can't see a riving knife or guards in the other photos, it's definitely looking like a death trap, it also states that the blade can't be lowered so there's also that...

I had seen them on ebay and like the others say it looks like something to avoid. None of the pics show any safety features. I could not even see a fence on the ebay pics. Nothing about it looks good due to the way its set up. I would say it would be very inefficient at cutting wood but most efficient at cutting flesh.
Regards
John

I have often seen larger industrial type machines from early 20th century made in such a way.
By today's standards they are considered unsafe. Those that still use them, often do away with
the table saw part and keep the planer and drill/ morticer.
Equipped with a sturdy fence and a blade guard the planer is pretty good.
Dust extraction needs to be sorted, though.

It looks well made but useless. Designed to catch the gullible beginner. One of the first machines I naively bought was a 4" planer which was useless. Went on to buy Picador bits and bobs to make up machines, with washing machine motors. Those were the days when people were adding sawblades/tables to lathes, or all sorts of attachments to Black and Decker drills - not all of them bad!

More than a little odd in that the "breadcrumb trail" in the screenshot starts under Health & Beauty and goes via shavers!?!?! One to be avoided by the look of it.

Latest posts

Back