Old Chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EdSutton":3k7miyaf said:
Well I'm not planning to get into turning proper, but for these type of small projects it certainly has its uses.

It is strangely addictive though.... :-k

Cheers, Ed

I tend to use my Coronet Elf for this small sort of stuff (knives and handles etc) and don't use the bowl turning thingie very much at all, but you're quite right, it is a quite satisfying way to spend the odd hour or twelve :) - Rob

Well its only taken me a bit over a year, but I finally got around to making handles for the gouges;

4160789992_6f78f4e163.jpg

This was mainly prompted by a project required for the sister in laws birthday, that needed them. So far I have spent all the allocated time making chisel handles, wonder if she'd like those instead...

Ed

Nice looking handles Ed, just make sure you don't turn (no pun intended) into a full blown turnist

Ironballs":1op407gy said:
Nice looking handles Ed, just make sure you don't turn (no pun intended) into a full blown turnist

No plans to do that - these were turned on my metalworking lathe, purely through necessity not for pleasure. I turn the odd bit of wood when needed but I can't see the attraction of it as the main stay of a hobby - each to their own though :D

Back