OK.......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a brief word on the dangers of hubris. In this very post, I somewhat offhandedly mentioned that the pics I had seen on BBC site of your misfortunes in arcticness seemed less than what Canucks expect of disastrous. I have since seen more indicative pics that indeed were snowy as could be. Well worthy of worry and consternation. Apologies to all for that faux pas.
I also offhandedly mentioned that we in my personal corner of arctic hell had been remarkably fortunate thus far. Pride goeth before the fall.
As I checked the weather report online before bed last night ,60percent chance of light flurries, I allowed myself to feel good about our lack of stacked ice crystals.
On to the morning, and as I stumbled about trying to remember how to make coffee, my gaze froze (pun intended ) to the window. Not a full foot yet , but the day is just beggining.
Luckily some of my arctic training in preparedness has left the sadness shovels out of the shed (now inaccessible save by shovel) and available for my penance period of several hours of vigourous exercise and swearing practice.
With head hung low,

big soft moose said:
for example a quick straw poll in the office the otherday found that 6 of my colleagues (all in their twenties or early thirties) didnt know about sequence breaking and 4 of them didnt know which way to steer in a skid

hey i am 29 and know what sequence braking is - however my wife who is 22.......well she just can't drive!!

Studders,

Your shipment of snow went awry. I asked you to send it to northern Wisconsin. Not southeast Minnesota. :roll: :lol:

5231119119_a2de2f9ce6.jpg

5231713062_7e1cec17af.jpg

These were taken a few minutes ago. I have to go dig out the bottom of the driveway where the snow plow filled it in. You can't see it all in the photo but it 20 feet wide. The snow dumped by the snow plow is almost like a liquid when they are moving but it solidifies in a hurry once it is dropped. :(

Back