Oh the shame......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad no-one was hurt! This is one reason I worry when SWMBO drives my scooby; her Laguna has an electric handbrake, it is just always on when she gets out of the car and then the car locks itself (most of the time) when she walks away. A number of times she has just got out of my car and walked away, leaving me diving for the handbrake or indeed gently reminding her to please lock the car as we walk away from it. :roll:

I recently joined a political debating forum, (I'll spare their blushes and leave them incognito).
I joined anticipating some reasonable political discusions. Boy was I in for a let down!
Never have I seen so many adults? being so insulting to each other and so little political debate.
I'm back here for some sanity!

Roy.

You should here 'em, feffing and the C word, racist, intoerant, silly person. Just some of the milder expletives,
The mods must be deaf!

Roy.

Ugh, why on Earth would anyone bother with that sort of thing - the sort of pointless shouty nonsense that turns me off most of what passes for tv these days.

I can only assume it's for want of a better hobby, perhaps I should try and get them interested in woodwork! :lol:

Roy.

Fascinating forum that one. I'm now being insulted for my supposed anti semitic comments, I'm letting the pot boil for a while then I'll tell him that I'm Jewish! Pity I won't be able to his face though! :lol:

Roy.

I think you've just highlighted pretty well Roy why political threads are not allowed on here, you've discovered they're pretty pointless, frustrating and lead to petty name calling.

Any road, back on topic, so Karl's a pillock right :lol:

Sorry Karl

Or perhaps the designer of the vehicle should produce a better hand brake.
I live in a hilly part of Wales so always park in gear and also turn the wheels such that if the car does roll it rolls into the kerb.
Mind you, I was once passed by a driverless Land Rover coming down off of Dunstable Downs.

Roy.

Ironballs":s967yxl5 said:
Any road, back on topic, so Karl's a pillock right :lol:

Sorry Karl

:lol:

Wise old man I knew always said that if you can't laugh at yourself, you've no right to laugh at anybody else.

Anyway, the plot thickens.

I spoke to the insurance assessor a couple of days ago. He was running through the list of damage (over £3k and they hadn't begun to look at the suspension or engine mountings) when he asked me where the damage to the rear bumper had come from? He didn't think it was to do with this claim as the car had simply rolled forward, and all damage was to the front end of the car.

I told him that there was no damage to the front bumper, but he was adamant that the bumper had been "knocked" - although not much outward physical sign, it was definitely damaged.

As the handbrake was partially engaged when it was recovered, he reckons that somebody has bumped the car from behind, which has caused the rear shoes to fail. They've then seen the car begin to roll and scarpered!

Don't suppose we'll ever really get to the bottom of it, but i'm just glad that the insurance has paid out and that all my tools were undamaged. :D

Cheers

Karl

Wise old man I knew always said that if you can't laugh at yourself, you've no right to laugh at anybody else.

You''re quite correct Karl, he was wise.

Roy.

Latest posts

Back