Oak Wardrobe and Cabinets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely job there again Dan,

Should you not have added a small copyright sign on these pics tho!! :D

Dan Tovey":2l8r0fof said:
I've just noticed about the grain running through the draw stiles. Lucky that, wasn't it! :lol:

Bish Bash Bosh Job Done!

haha! Thanks for the answers mate. nicework again

Hi dan

lovely finish , really really nice work , can i ask you please what stain was used , and how many coats of what was applied after that did you use to get that wonderful sheen finish , don't know if it the camera flash or is it a semi gloss finish as well love the finish . hc

head clansman":23iqzlec said:
Hi dan

lovely finish , really really nice work , can i ask you please what stain was used , and how many coats of what was applied after that did you use to get that wonderful sheen finish , don't know if it the camera flash or is it a semi gloss finish as well love the finish . hc

Hi HC,

Nice to see you've pitched up back here. :wink:

The stain was from Morrells Classique range, a mix of Light Oak and Brown Mahogany if I remember rightly. Sprayed and wiped.

Then it was just a couple of spray coats of 20% sheen AC lacquer, again from Morrells, denibbed between coats.

Glad you like it.

Cheers
Dan

Hi dan

reason i asked was i have a large oak antique dutch coffee table of very simular colors which is soon going to need refurbishment and have been looking for quite a while now to get as near as i could to it , your colour fitted the bill just nicely , are you going to post your own pics soon like to see how your come out as well .

Yea glade i pitch back here as well . hc

hi Dan,

I really like the finish of the wardrobes! I would like to start using a. c but have heard nightmare stories about it's fumes. What precautions would you suggest. Thanks Will

Well, first off you need a proper commercial spray booth.

I also have an air-fed mask which looks like a welders mask but which clips into the air line and blows a gentle jet of clean air across the user's face making it impossible to breathe in any fumes.

I'm not saying I always use it, though!

Cheers
Dan

Back