Now I remember why I left Norway for Australia about 40 years ago! This was 3 days ago. Now it's a lot more.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonn

Established Member
Reaction score
Verksted-1.jpg

Attachments

• Garasjen-1.jpg
    Garasjen-1.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 26
I guess you went back to Norway?? or is climate change hitting Australia really hard.

It's almost mid winter, just wait another 6 months and you will feel a lot better about it as you sit outside admiring the midnight sun!!

Not a single tarantula in sight...... and you missed them so you had to go?
Not too many tarantulas in Oz, but some rather big huntsman spiders, plus redbacks and other charmers. Not to forget snakes. The reason I returned to Norway (having forgot about bloody snow- bloody, not blooded) was the effect of summer temperatures as I got older. In the cold you can put on more clothes, but it's not very much accepted if you go around naked. Here's a huntsman:
1639222974222.png

Nah, they are friendly and domesticated. Many keep them as pets and, like dogs, you can always see a few walking in the early evening with their owners. Pet shops sell tiny leather collars and leashes. The biggest problem is teaching them oral commands, such as “sit”.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Here's a huntsman

So whats the drill when you find one?? Big book? Paintball gun? ( or shotgun if you are american 😆 ) or do they have something that eats big spiders? 🕷 🕸

As for the snow, you'll have to dress up warm for your bbq tonight 😋

Nah, they are friendly and domesticated. Many keep them as pets and, like dogs, you can always see a few walking in the early evening with their owners. Pet shops sell tiny leather collars and leashes. The biggest problem is teaching them oral commands, such as “sit”.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Lived in Perth, WA most of my time in Australia (27 years), but in Sydney in 1986 when there was still no anti-venom for the Sydney funnel-web spider when we lived there. Many nasty critters in OZ, but some of the ex-Poms are the most vile 👿

Latest posts

Back