Not happy - Tin pot council officers who can issue fines.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely a complete waste of public funds and taxpayers money . These so called enforcement cameras and employees are there to catch the unfortunate motorists who imo make a mistake . The answer -1st offence -a warning that any future infringement will result in a fine - result =a decent motorist will not make that mistake again . However the prolific offenders are never caught as they have removed the front number plate and hidden it at the bottom of the windscreen , the rear plate has also been altered to make it harder for these cameras to read . A brief word on amber and more importantly RED LIGHT jumpers - makes my blood boil that these drivers put everyone’s life at risk and absolutely nothing is done , no cameras , no enforcement officers , no police and no fines . Yet you stray into a bus lane and it’s an instant fine on its way .. did I mention speeding ? excessive noise from performance exhaust systems that should only be heard at a organised proffesional rally , or the hordes of motorbikes , and mopeds and scooters cruising along busy roads , doing wheelies and also jumping red lights , weaving in and out of traffic and again nothing is done .. ok so rant over but am I alone on this . You now have to wait a few seconds when you get a green light for the inevitable red light jumpers to casually cross the red light and give you a rude gesture or shout some profanity should you be rude and sound your horn at them .. ok so now rant over ☹️☹️☹️😖😖😖
1. Motorists aren't unfortunate, but inattentive, distracted and downright belligerent. Not to mention overly aggressive towards other road users, which is life threatening for both pedestrians and cyclists.

2. Any offence should result in a stinging fine to deter repeat offending.

3. You have to give way to pedestrians crossing the road. That's the law there's no excuse for you to be rude or sound your horn in any circumstances. Please show some sense of responsibility and grow up.

4. Remember, you take up a huge amount of space with your metal box, you pollute in many ways and you do not have a god given right to drive your car anywhere.

Hope that helps.

But why would I have to pay £12.50 to drive into the London ulez when I have an MOT certificate that says my car is fine pollution wise???? That is the bit I don't understand.
As the most polluted bit of London re fine particles is the tube network surely that's where ALL the attention should be focused!

Just got a £35 fine for going down a street in Doncaster that I have been going down for 50years - Why - some 'traffic geek in their world' decided to alter the priority to just allow buses down, which would be OK with sign post, but also decide to alter the language from what I consider normal ie Bus lane; Bus lane have been Bus lanes for ever; But No now they call them Bus Gates ! FM I saw the sign splashed along the road - Bus Gate ! whats that ! and yes there's the camera. Am I getting old, or are there too many trumped up little geek in offices giving out rules for others; and who gave them the power to fine me. Is it just me - are we getting to be over regulated Nanny State Controlled Society - who give them the authority to fine people - oh; I sent a letter explaining after I received the fine, the reply pay £35 or after 14 days £70 if you go to appeal £140, signed by Sara the Enforcement Officer. Beam me up Scottie. Any body else feel we are in a Nanny State
in Canada we use these. Never had a ticket or been pulled over. where Is that wood now to knock on. I just don't believe in a fine that comes from a camera. They could be rigged to take bogus pictures etc etc. what if I was rushing to hospital with my wife. Yes I'm speeding and I have a valid excuse. If pulled over by a valid police officer he would help me get to hospital. They need more eyes on the road not self check out lanes or cameras that take away real jobs. They are just added taxation by government. They use to have cameras on highways then they banned them in Canada. They were seen as revenue generators and not traffic control. Speed trap cameras. They probably even sub out the reading of the photos to a third world company. So that's why I don't believ in cameras and dodge them. But they do have red light cameras.

Attachments

• D8BF21AD-5851-45BC-A28B-77C6D29D615E.jpeg
    D8BF21AD-5851-45BC-A28B-77C6D29D615E.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Councils are power crazy, I tried to have a longer drop kirb put in as the parking down my road is getting dangerous, they marked out an extra 3 feet of drop kirb on a 4 car width drive and the quote was £1800 and then told me if I put my car in the drive without one I would be fined for driving over the footpath. This is the Thurrock council that went bankrupt last year and now employing 3 or 4 marshals to run it on on over a £1000 PER DAY each!

in Canada we use these. Never had a ticket or been pulled over. where Is that wood now to knock on. I just don't believe in a fine that comes from a camera. They could be rigged to take bogus pictures etc etc. what if I was rushing to hospital with my wife. Yes I'm speeding and I have a valid excuse. If pulled over by a valid police officer he would help me get to hospital. They need more eyes on the road not self check out lanes or cameras that take away real jobs. They are just added taxation by government. They use to have cameras on highways then they banned them in Canada. They were seen as revenue generators and not traffic control. Speed trap cameras. They probably even sub out the reading of the photos to a third world company. So that's why I don't believ in cameras and dodge them. But they do have red light cameras.
They are illegal in the UK. Any tampering with a number plate is an issue in the UK

Absolutely a complete waste of public funds and taxpayers money . These so called enforcement cameras and employees are there to catch the unfortunate motorists who imo make a mistake . The answer -1st offence -a warning that any future infringement will result in a fine - result =a decent motorist will not make that mistake again . However the prolific offenders are never caught as they have removed the front number plate and hidden it at the bottom of the windscreen , the rear plate has also been altered to make it harder for these cameras to read . A brief word on amber and more importantly RED LIGHT jumpers - makes my blood boil that these drivers put everyone’s life at risk and absolutely nothing is done , no cameras , no enforcement officers , no police and no fines . Yet you stray into a bus lane and it’s an instant fine on its way .. did I mention speeding ? excessive noise from performance exhaust systems that should only be heard at a organised proffesional rally , or the hordes of motorbikes , and mopeds and scooters cruising along busy roads , doing wheelies and also jumping red lights , weaving in and out of traffic and again nothing is done .. ok so rant over but am I alone on this . You now have to wait a few seconds when you get a green light for the inevitable red light jumpers to casually cross the red light and give you a rude gesture or shout some profanity should you be rude and sound your horn at them .. ok so now rant over ☹️☹️☹️😖😖😖
It's not illegal for motorcycles to filter through traffic, I've been a biker for almost 20 years, yes there those idiots who think it fun to act like clowns pulling wheelies and creating danger to everyone else but they are the minority and often youngsters on stupid little hairdryers trying to sound like a big bike, most bikers are sensible and considerate. Also, you can hear a loud bike coming so are prepared and aware, if they were quiet there would be an increase in accidents because car drivers in the comfort of their coffin on wheels gives them a sense of safety causing them to not be as aware or alert as they should be.
Just my opinion 🤷

They are illegal in the UK. Any tampering with a number plate is an issue in the UK
I think they are illegal here also, but I've never heard of anyone being fined for one. They are sold as protectors for plates as if your numbers get scratched or damaged etc, you are responsible to buy a new plate. The police officer who lives beside me has " plate protectors on all his trucks" lol.

Councils are power crazy, I tried to have a longer drop kirb put in as the parking down my road is getting dangerous, they marked out an extra 3 feet of drop kirb on a 4 car width drive and the quote was £1800 and then told me if I put my car in the drive without one I would be fined for driving over the footpath. This is the Thurrock council that went bankrupt last year and now employing 3 or 4 marshals to run it on on over a £1000 PER DAY each!
We have bylaw officers here in Canada. Ours in Invermere bc. Is Not allowed to fine anyone. We are a tourist town, and we like our tourists money, so he is only allowed to give warnings. Lol. So in other words we have a full time paid bylaw officer , in a car with lights, who cant do any real law enforce except talk to people and try and get them to turn down there music.

Not sure I can see any indication of power crazy behaviour.

It seems they’ve quoted you the price and highlighted that it’s a road traffic offence to drive on the pavement.

Not sure I can see any indication of power crazy behaviour.

It seems they’ve quoted you the price and highlighted that it’s a road traffic offence to drive on the pavement.
I'd have to agree, looks like you have brought to there attention you have been driving over afoot path all along, to park. And now have asked how to remedy it.

The decisions where to place bus gates and bus only roads are taken by local councillors and within legislation agreed by MP's at Westminster, Vote for somebody else, don't blame the employees

1. Motorists aren't unfortunate, but inattentive, distracted and downright belligerent. Not to mention overly aggressive towards other road users, which is life threatening for both pedestrians and cyclists.

2. Any offence should result in a stinging fine to deter repeat offending.

3. You have to give way to pedestrians crossing the road. That's the law there's no excuse for you to be rude or sound your horn in any circumstances. Please show some sense of responsibility and grow up.

4. Remember, you take up a huge amount of space with your metal box, you pollute in many ways and you do not have a god given right to drive your car anywhere.

Hope that helps.
At what point did I mention cyclists or being rude or not giving way to pedestrians etc , I’m talking about dangerous driving by car drivers and motorcycles . As for car drivers anyone can make a mistake and imo if it’s a minor issue then a warning will be enough for the majority of decent drivers not to make that mistake again . As for a god given right to drive anywhere -I never said that I should ..

It's not illegal for motorcycles to filter through traffic, I've been a biker for almost 20 years, yes there those idiots who think it fun to act like clowns pulling wheelies and creating danger to everyone else but they are the minority and often youngsters on stupid little hairdryers trying to sound like a big bike, most bikers are sensible and considerate. Also, you can hear a loud bike coming so are prepared and aware, if they were quiet there would be an increase in accidents because car drivers in the comfort of their coffin on wheels gives them a sense of safety causing them to not be as aware or alert as they should be.
Just my opinion 🤷
Yes I agree these idiots are the minority - it’s an American thing from rap videos and such like and I get the fact that a loud bike can be heard but I shouldn’t have to cover my ears while sitting at home watching tv and relaxing etc ..

Yes I agree these idiots are the minority - it’s an American thing from rap videos and such like and I get the fact that a loud bike can be heard but I shouldn’t have to cover my ears while sitting at home watching tv and relaxing etc ..
Agreed some are excessively loud, unfortunately there's a small loophole in motorcycle MOT, there's no written decibel limit, it's down to the examiners discretion if he thinks it's too loud then it is, or at least that's how it was last time a traffic officer sent me for an MOT retest because he said my exhaust was too loud, even though it was the original one that came on the bike from the factory

But why would I have to pay £12.50 to drive into the London ulez when I have an MOT certificate that says my car is fine pollution wise???? That is the bit I don't understand.
As the most polluted bit of London re fine particles is the tube network surely that's where ALL the attention should be focused!
Hear,Hear! A car passes all checks, BUT, the Government pulls another one out of the hat, calling it 'gms/km', or similar, to create 'tax classes', even with ULEZ compliant vehicles. They've got motorists by the 'goolies', & will NEVER let go. So glad I hung up my steering wheel - Taxed off the road, I call it! :mad: 🤬

Hear,Hear! A car passes all checks, BUT, the Government pulls another one out of the hat, calling it 'gms/km', or similar, to create 'tax classes', even with ULEZ compliant vehicles. They've got motorists by the 'goolies', & will NEVER let go. So glad I hung up my steering wheel - Taxed off the road, I call it! :mad: 🤬
God I live in the country. Have to drive everywhere. I hope I never have to leave my little 3/4 acre house and move to a city. I left the cities when I was 30 years old. Still leave my doors unlocked at night. And Festool boxes sometimes get forgotten in my driveway and tools still there in the morning. But wedo have to drive everywhere. I do sometimes get mad as doctors here are so hesitant to pull peoples driver licenses ( as I get stuck behind someone doing 40 k on a 100k road) when they are to old to drive as we have NO public transportation. But someday I'll probably be that old guy!

My better half used to work in a medical practice covering an area of 200 sq miles designated AONB (area of natural outstanding beauty).

Many patients had retired to enjoy a rural idyll. Sadly time passed, ill health, failing eyesight and all the other joys of aging emerged. Driving became an increasingly distant memory. One bus a day was no great help to get to shops, hospital, library, etc etc.

That's why we recently moved to a small town which largely aligns with the 15 minute city principle - basic shops, restaurants, pubs, library, large supermarket, regular bus service etc etc. I hope my driving licence stays intact for the next couple of decades - but if not we can cope.

What about the 'Car Trap' in St. Ives, Cambs.? IMHO it's an absolute disgrace that another 'Tin-pot' council are allowed to do this, it's no more than a 'Constructed' pot-hole!
ULEZ - another rip-off. I owned a Saab from new, for 21 years, sold it 13 months ago, now I discover it's 'ULEZ Compliant,, in which case WHY is it in a high tax band (£395)? Just beggers the Q. @how clean is ULEZ? :mad: :dunno:
Best wishes Mr.Angry. AKA You know who!
What? I was in St Ives a week or two ago - didn't see anything this looking? Where is it? I'll try to look for it if I get sent back there!

Back