Not a bad week so far

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
I went to my normal craft fair on Tuesday and as it got nearer to the time to pack up I was having a moan to myself having not done very well. I was about half way through packing up when a lady came up to me and ordered £100 of name signs. I went home a happy chappy. I made a phone call early in the week concerning some red American oak I had a whisper about. It turned out the oak was destined for coffin lids, all round about 500mm wide and 20mm thick. I had the lot and it all came yesterday. One of my favourite species of wood, not only to work with but also the wonderful colour and grain patterns.

Looking forward to the craft fair in Tesco's over the weekend and will give an update on Monday. Hope all of you have an enjoyable weekend.

Flippin heck Geoff.

How big is you're scroll saw if you can work on coffin lids !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Good luck at the weekend

Martin

Chippygeoff":21blqpor said:
It turned out the oak was destined for coffin lids, all round about 500mm wide and 20mm thick.

Wow, nice result Geoff.
Lucky for you the original use of the oak for coffin lids didn't come to a dead-end, if you know what I mean ! :roll:

Geoff.

That was a good order, just when you thought the day had been flat.

Plus a good find of suitable timber.

Was the whisper regarding the timber, from the other side :shock: , sorry.

Take care.

Chris R.

Back