North West Bash - Sat March 7th

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Maskery":7xma8bc6 said:
I'm bringing my tenon jig and my new mitre shooting board.
S

The Ultimate jig?????? Look forward to seeing it!

Cheers

Karl

karl":2umaxtv6 said:
Good idea - i've told Dan i'll bring my sharpening gear, so we can give the blades a quick refresh before the test! I'd be interested to see how the LV compares - do you have the thin or thick blade or both? What else are you bringing - I was thinking of bringing a couple of Philly planes as well.

Cheers

Karl
Can't remember whether it is the thick or thin blade, will surprise us both tomorrow :D

I'm bringing

LV LA Block
LV LA Jack
LV BU Smoother
LV Scraper
LV Small Plough
LV Medium Shoulder
LV SS Edging Plane
Wheel guage
LV Dovetail saw (new style)
Blue Spruce paring chisels x6 & skew chisels x2
Anything else shiny that I can find.

Mark

karl":e2wmlitc said:
Good idea - i've told Dan i'll bring my sharpening gear,

Oh good, I was going to bring my sharpening kit but it was all adding to the weight. (I guess I could bring just the stones if anyone wanted to see them?)

I'm all packed :lol:
DSC_0396.JPG

I'm bringing my shooting board (which will find it's way into Dan's bin at some point). My LN Spokeshaves and LN.9

Also some Ash with interesting tearout that I've been having trouble with. I'm sure with such an array of planes, someone will be able to eradicate it.

Now.... SU Demo. I guess I should do that at some point between now and er tomorrow...
:oops: :oops:

wizer":u8vnddom said:
[
Also some Ash with interesting tearout that I've been having trouble with. I'm sure with such an array of planes, someone will be able to eradicate it.

Excellent - I was gonna suggest that somebody should find a board prone to tearout. It'll give us a chance to explore Marks BU smoother with a high angle blade, the Clifton 7 with a back bevel and the scraper planes.

Cheers

Karl

was thinking about bringing the video camera :shock: :D

Now this isn't a ploy to get us all to help you with your current job is it Dan ? ;)

Hi all

Last minute reprieve for me, I'm finishing work at 3 this morning, get my head down for a few hours and up to Stockport :D

Just sneaked home to send this mail

See you all tomorrow

Jed

Dan.........PM SENT

I am going to try and get over in the morning but i dont finnish work till 6 AM so i will see how i feel will be bringing the missis too she can keep me awake on the trip!

Dan,

I seem to have some private message issues, and it's not sending?

I just wanted to know if 09 30 would be to early to arrive tomorrow?

cheers

Jed

jedmc571":1drqc9kn said:
Dan,

I seem to have some private message issues, and it's not sending?

I just wanted to know if 09 30 would be to early to arrive tomorrow?

cheers

Jed
Hi Jed

It's a feature of the PM process, it's not that it hasn't sent, the PM stays in your Sent Items until Dan reads it, then it will automatically move into your Outbox. :D

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

It's not showing in my sent folder, it's still in my outbox?

not to worry, what time you planning to get there?

I'm back in work at 19:00 so won't be there all day, I'll need some beauty sleep.

See you tomorrow mate.

Jed

jedmc571":3c92mj2w said:

That's normal. When he has read it, it will go into the sent box.

See you tomorrow. I'll be there about 10:30am

jedmc571":2s0wry1c said:
Hi Mark,

not to worry, what time you planning to get there?

I'm back in work at 19:00 so won't be there all day, I'll need some beauty sleep.

See you tomorrow mate.

Jed
Sorry Jed, I'm an buttocks, I meant it the other way round, it will stay in your Outbox until Dan reads it, then go into Sent Items. I am picking Wizer up at the train station so will get there for just before 11 I should imagine.

See you there :D

Mark

Dan, looking forward to later today. I'm thinking your venue might not be large enough.. maybe you should have looked into hiring the Gmex centre for the day

Duncan

Thanks for having us all. Like you say, nice to put faces to names.

I know there were a few peeps with camera's (I was snapped unwittingly a few times).

Did you try the block plane I sharpened for you????? I know of a special deal on one of those Veritas block planes which my local tool shop has on offer - if you're interested let me know.

Hope it didn't take you too long to clear away the shavings :lol:

Cheers

Karl

duncan dont listen to that karl feller he's put grease on the slope for you to slide on :lol: :lol: . thanks for a brill day hope we can all meet up again soon .ps your shop was nice and tidy when i arrived,did that lot with all the shiny planes clean up before they left :D :D :D

Back