No response from Tuff Saws ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

The max width blade for the BS12 is 1/2". The blade I have just received is a 5/8th 6 tpi and it does a fantastic job of ripping and cross cutting but as Steve (above) says if you are going to be ripping 4" material all the time then you want something like a 3 or 4 tpi blade. When I spoke to Ian the blades he recommended for me were the Super Tuff Carbon blades and I must say I'm not disappointed.

Your blade length is 70 1/4" / 1784mm have a look at the link below and choose your blade length from the drop down menu then choose what tpi you want from the next drop down menu then place your order and pay via paypal.

http://www.tuffsaws.co.uk/index.php?rou ... duct_id=70

HTH

Graham

Grayo":19voyy78 said:
Hi,

The max width blade for the BS12 is 1/2". The blade I have just received is a 5/8th 6 tpi and it does a fantastic job of ripping and cross cutting but as Steve (above) says if you are going to be ripping 4" material all the time then you want something like a 3 or 4 tpi blade. When I spoke to Ian the blades he recommended for me were the Super Tuff Carbon blades and I must say I'm not disappointed.

Your blade length is 70 1/4" / 1784mm have a look at the link below and choose your blade length from the drop down menu then choose what tpi you want from the next drop down menu then place your order and pay via paypal.

http://www.tuffsaws.co.uk/index.php?rou ... duct_id=70

HTH

Graham

Graham,

I was under the impression the blade is 2240mm, though I know nothing about bandsaws. Internet lookup seems to suggest this ?

Regards

The Tuffsaws website has recently changed (in the last few weeks) and there were some teething problems with it, so this might be related (or he might be on holiday!). Ian is one of the most helpful people you will ever meet and his blades are superb, so I would wait if I were you. As stated above, yo won't be disappointed.

[/quote]Graham,

I was under the impression the blade is 2240mm, though I know nothing about bandsaws. Internet lookup seems to suggest this ?

Regards[/quote]

Have you got the owners manual with the bandsaw it will tell you in there what size the blade is. I had a look on the Record Power website and it say's 70 1/4" 1784mm. is it a new bandsaw or used ???

Have a look here: http://www.recordpower.co.uk/product/st ... w0KBbTiu74

Graham,

Regards[/quote]

Have you got the owners manual with the bandsaw it will tell you in there what size the blade is. I had a look on the Record Power website and it say's 70 1/4" 1784mm. is it a new bandsaw or used ???

Have a look here: http://www.recordpower.co.uk/product/st ... w0KBbTiu74[/quote]

Graham, it states 88 inches on that link.....2400mm. The saw is brand new and boxed.

Well that is very strange. When I first looked at the BS12 blade length it said 70 1/4" I even wrote it down looking again now on the link I provided it says 88" so don't know whats happening there very strange.

Going on those measurements 88" you need a 2235mm blade

There must be a problem as others have said Ian is always very responsive. I had several emails last week the latest on Friday so maybe something has happened over the weekend,

regards

Brian

When I first looked for some reason it went onto the BS250 although I clicked on the BS12 so this is where the confusion is. Ignore the 70 1/4 measurement.

Grayo":pf7107lj said:
If it says 2240mm in the manual then go with that size. It looks like you have the option of three sizes at 88" 2235, 2240, and 2275, I don't know why there are three options so if it says 2240 then go for that one.

http://www.tuffsaws.co.uk/index.php?rou ... duct_id=71
I have not received the saw yet. Tuff saws converter shows 88" as 2235 so I take it thats the on to get ?

skronk":10gipk6h said:
Grayo":10gipk6h said:
If it says 2240mm in the manual then go with that size. It looks like you have the option of three sizes at 88" 2235, 2240, and 2275, I don't know why there are three options so if it says 2240 then go for that one.

I have not received the saw yet. Tuff saws converter shows 88" as 2235 so I take it thats the on to get ?

Yes but it also says 2240 and 2275 for the 88" blade so don't know what the difference is sorry. Apart from being longer that is.

Grayo":l9rsvuv0 said:
skronk":l9rsvuv0 said:
Grayo":l9rsvuv0 said:

Yes but it also says 2240 and 2275 for the 88" blade so don't know what the difference is sorry. Apart from being longer that is.
Where do you see that ?

In the drop down menu. Unless the 2240 and 2275 are just different blades altogether. but saying that it states 88" which is 2235 on the tuff saws website.

Hi Everyone

I've not had time to read the whole thread but I have been having some problems with emails and with the website - just found out today that the contact us form on the site isn't working and and messages sent through there haven't been getting through. Hopefully this will be sorted tomorrow and we are working on the email problem. To be honest, we are not really sure what's going wrong as majority of emails are coming through fine and some just don't seem to be getting through.

If I haven't replied to an email, it's just because I haven't received it and I can't apologise enough for this and I am trying my best to get this sorted.
The new website has recently gone live and it's thrown up a few unexpected issues and being a sole trader, it's difficult trying to sort everything out and keep on top of the orders!

Any messages left on the phone have been replied to but there is a message on there saying that it could be a couple of days for me to return phone calls as there's just so much going on at the moment - I'm trying to sort the website out, keep on top of work and today was spent looking at a new unit so starting work at 5am and still working at 10.30pm is the norm at the moment!

I will read the thread properly tomorrow and send a PM to the OP - was the original message sent through the website or email?

Got to go now as have to be up at 5am but I will read through this properly tomorrow.

All the best and thanks for the support.

Ian (Tuff Saws)

I have sympathy for u Ian

it is a nightmare with setting up new website
your service was professional and efficient

even though I cant get one of my blades to cut straight :(

I know that is my useless attempt to set it up

all the best

Steve

I spoke to Ian on Thursday last week and recived two excellent blades from him on Saturday. He is very much still there and definately the best out there.

As a one man band myself give him a ring and make sure you leave a message if you get his ansaphone. When there is only the one of you sometimes you just can't get to the phone for every call.

James

Back