New woodwork program on the telly

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant see why discovery cant make a series in the uk similar to that of Norm Abrams, with all the free advertising my bet is most dealers/manufacturers would be climbing over themselves to supply machinery/tools etc etc. Anyone want to be the New New Yankee then?

Maybe Brad, Senior and myself could run one. Although it would have to be called "Grumpy Old English Workshop".......... :wink:

Scrit

Scrit":3sg67jcm said:
Maybe Brad, Senior and myself could run one. Although it would have to be called "Grumpy Old English Workshop".......... :wink:

Scrit

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: its the way you tell um.

So how many have emailed Discovery?

We really should keep up the momentum of the emails, I'm convinced people power could just do some good.

The Great British Woodshop with David Free was a pretty good program. I read somewhere that the producer of that program used to work on the New Yankee Workshop. This might explain the quality of the programing.

Never mind the quality of the woodwork, the filming of the British programs is absolutely appalling. Every time the presenter actually does anything the cameraman goes completely and utterly bananas, zooming in and out at great speed and panning like a man possessed - and that stupid music, if that's what you can call it - so you never actually get to see him working. If I start watching one of these programs, I rarely continue because I simply cannot stand to watch when the cameraman gets going.

So come on people - send an email to Discovery - Don't leave it to the next man, there should be enough of us to make a difference.

regards

Brian

Scrit":venapeqd said:

Now that would be worth watching :D

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Scrit":jt3i0kz6 said:

Scrit

Sounds great to me - I'd love to see you guys in action. I've been thinking for a while that we could do with a good UK woorkworking show on the air. Please break out your camcorders, and get filming :D

Hi Scrote,

Scrit":1n4yogi9 said:

Scrit

Speak for yourself, Pops! :lol:

Cheers
Brad

I've been thinking about this and seriously, I am convinced that if discovery made a series featuring some of the people from this forum it would be a really really interesting programme - there could even be some money in it. There would be tremendous benefit to all of us in seeing how a wide variety of different people tackle their jobs. I think it would be a fascinating series.

We would have to insist that they film it properly though. What do you think, should we put the idea to them?

regards

Brian

brianhabby":36ab9p79 said:
I've been thinking about this and seriously, I am convinced that if discovery made a series featuring some of the people from this forum it would be a really really interesting programme - there could even be some money in it. There would be tremendous benefit to all of us in seeing how a wide variety of different people tackle their jobs. I think it would be a fascinating series.

We would have to insist that they film it properly though. What do you think, should we put the idea to them?

regards

Brian

Maybe if they filmed the next get together at Phillies it would make a good comedy or maybe even a panto :lol: On a more serious note, yes it would make a fascinating show. :)

Scrit":cr2fb0ci said:

Scrit

I think I would be the young looking apprentice in the back ground, :D

Lord N
Great idea, although you might be right about it turning into a Panto :lol:
Maybe we could lock a few members in the workshop for a few weeks and film them constantly on hidden cameras. A great cross-over idea???
"New Yankee Brother" anyone????? :twisted:
No, didn't think so........ :lol:
Cheers
Philly :D
(who has a face for radio.....)

Philly":ye9oy98x said:
Maybe we could lock a few members in the workshop for a few weeks and film them constantly on hidden cameras.
Cheers
(who has a face for radio.....)

30 minutes of watching them drink tea 8-[ :wink: filmed over two days like :norm:

Philly":5a5iq2ss said:
You know, I could do this. :lol:
I don't even need to practise my tea-drinking :roll:
Actually looking at your avatar, there is a good subject for one programme, you making one of those dinky infills, DC showing how to get the best out of it and Alf doing a shoot out revue Phillies dinky v LN ... or

I sent:

"Hello. Please, please, please, for the love of all that's good in this world, can we have a quality woodworking programme? The New Yankee Workshop, The Great British Woodshop and The Cutting Edge Woodworker are good examples. "

I got:

"Thank you for contacting Discovery Real Time.

We appreciate the time you took to write to us with your comments. We are always working to improve our service, and will take your comments and ideas under consideration.

Kind Regards,

Discovery Networks Europe Viewer Relations Team"

Not holding my breath...

V.

isnt there some controlling body for tv?
i`m sure they would be interested in the hse issues the show WoodWorks is promoting

points of view anyone? :lol:

Latest posts

Back