New video: Vacuum system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched this earlier Bob. Very useful indeed. I must look for an adapter for my lathe. Being direct drive, I imagine it's a bit fiddlier to get it all setup. IIRC Bill Grumbine developed or sold an adapter for solid headstocks.

Nice videos Bob and thank you for doing them,makes it much clearer when you can see how it is done :D
Only stumbling block is the adaptor for other lathes.
Would a more powerful Vac give more suction do you think :?:

Another great set Bob,

I dont have a hollow shaff so cannot use your system - but is filed for future use !

( seems ed loses the sound when you turned the vac on in vid 3 - or was it my pc ? )_

Cheers

Laurence

LOz,

I lost sound too but I suspect Bob edited the sound out because the vac was drowning out what he said.

Brendan

Thanks, all!

I muted the sound while the vac was running because I had earmuffs and you didn't.... :D

Paul, I don't really know if a more powerful vac would develop more grip or not. I suspect that the way vacs work (as opposed to vacuum pumps) imposes a limitation on just how low they can get the pressure. I do know that a dust extractor system like my 2 HP, 1100 cfm. unit will not develop very much vacuum at all. They are just a centrifugal blower that moves a lot of air but at a relatively low speed. The vac does not move nearly as much air but moves it at a much higher velocity.

Take care
Bob

Back