Not a good advert for Jessem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectric

Staff member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Just looked at the video about the Jessem mill

is it me or are the holes all over the place, takes alignment issues to a new level unless they are extra sloppy. It seems like an overly complicated but very well engineered piece of kit and with having to use a drill on the drill bit it must have the potential for introducing errors just like you can get with drilling the 20mm holes with the Parf guide system unless you clamp the drilling guide, but this device is clamped ! I can actually get better aligned holes with my xl 700 domino so for me this is not what you come to expect from Jessem.

1698053957445.png

Just looked at the video about the Jessem mill

is it me or are the holes all over the place, takes alignment issues to a new level unless they are extra sloppy. It seems like an overly complicated but very well engineered piece of kit and with having to use a drill on the drill bit it must have the potential for introducing errors just like you can get with drilling the 20mm holes with the Parf guide system unless you clamp the drilling guide, but this device is clamped ! I can actually get better aligned holes with my xl 700 domino so for me this is not what you come to expect from Jessem.

View attachment 168469

Way too many moving parts, and between setup and drilling a very labour extensive product in my view. Not a production tool. I'd just dowel or biscuit.

Back