new triton router?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JMcK":3n6ablic said:
Don't know about the upgrade but you can try the distributor Silverline Tools, Yeovil

01935 382 201

Could not get anything out of their web page using search box. My triton is now 7 years old and must fail one day I suppose.

Have a look at this from CMT's site. Look carefully and you'll see that this document is a pastiche of pictures from both the TRA001 and MOF001 machines, cobbled together.

I'm not suggesting that there is no such machine, simply that this document doesn't show it, but is a computer-generated untruth.

Spot the differences - if you struggle, let me know! :)

Ray

I think you might have missed the point, John. The link is to CMT's .pdf file. When you search their actual site, although the router (CMT7E) is shown as available from stock, they only list Axminster Power Tools as the UK stockist. Axminster do not show any stock of the router. The collets CMT offer under their "Spares" tab are for the new-style "self-releasing" type, not the old "Hitachi-style" version.

However, the pics on the .pdf file do not show the new machine, they're merely existing pics of existing models.

AFAIK, the router design was sold to a Swiss company, CMT are their manufacturer. Toolstream (Silverline's parent company) have a Triton button on their website, which redirects to triton.com in Oz!

Look at the features for the 2000W router there, you'll get a picture of the 1400W model! It's a complete cat's breakfast, no-one seems to know what they're doing. I've yet to see even a picture of the "new" model, let alone know who's supposed to be stocking it - if it exists at all. :)

Ray

barkwindjammer":2qlai23l said:
So,,,what your saying is,,,,

what are you saying ?//?

That although there is talk of an upgraded Big Triton, there is simply no evidence that one exists, how much it costs, or who does/ will be selling it. :wink:, at least in this country. I do not know if Skinee has seen a picture of it in the American Woodworker magazine :?:

Cheers

Mike

barkwindjammer":39bf3ijb said:
So what are you saying?
Mike.C has summed it up nicely (thanks, Mike!).

The Triton routers were always outsourced and made by DURQ (Taiwan). There's little doubt in my mind that CMT will continue to use DURQ to produce their (alleged) upgrade.

There's a hint from Carba-tec on an Oz forum that suggests that there will be such an upgrade, but not when or how much.

skinee":39bf3ijb said:
there is a photo in the article in american woodworker but i cannot tell from the picture if the router has the same above the table adjustment as the smaller model

The picture is of the smaller model - no question at all.

Of course, after all this, what surfaces in Oz may not be what's offered to other countries, either. That's what's so frustrating - I've usually known what's going on, but this time I've no definitive answer. I can't even make a good guess right now. :)

Ray

Hi All,

First post here. I'm from Australia.

Any news in the UK regarding the third Triton Router - 1000W "baby"?

While browsing some imported (USA & UK) woodwork magazines at the local bookstore I noticed that one of the larger suppliers in the USA (Woodcraft I think) has started advertising the arrival of the Triton 1000W (1 1/3 HP) Router. I have been searching the web and have yet to find any reference to it (other than the Triton 2009 catalogue).

Best regards from Downunder.

Interwood

If they have included above the table height adjustment and fixed the occasional stick plunge, that will in my book make it the best router on the market with all those features. Equal to the big Festool model.

Back