New Toy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sooty

Established Member
Reaction score
Machine Mart rang me 2pm today to inform me my Scheppach Deco 405 had arrived.
I got a surprise! When I ordered the deco it was £200.00 when I came to pay for it today they had dropped the price to £164.00 (very nice).

I was also surprised at the weight of the unit! When I got it out of the box and on my bench I could see why it was so heavy The main body of the machine and the table are cast iron very ruggedly built it must weigh 3 times more than my old saw.

The table tilts 45degs both left and right it has click stop rachets for moving the table I think I noticed 3 presets, 90deg 22 1/2deg and 45deg but you can hold anywhere between these by holding the main knob and turning the locking lever.

I could not wait to have a play with it so I plugged it in set the table on the 90deg rachet and cut a piece of 3x1 inch wood to check it the table was square to the blade I cut about an inch into the wood then ran it behind the blade and the blade fit in the kerf beautifully so I tried the other test by cutting a 1 inch square out of the wood and I could lift the square out of the wood upwards and downwards which amazed me as it seems the presets are pretty well spot on.

I was also impressed when I started the saw up it has a soft start so if you are doing some complex cutting you can get your hand back onto the wood before it starts cutting it is so quiet in operation its unbelievable
at 500 rev it is vibration free turn it up to 1500 rev and its a little noisier and vibrates a little but I do mean a little!

I took the pin blade out and put in a plain one the bottom holder is a little difficult to get to with the allen key but I guess it will get easier with use the top guide is a dream blade in quick turn on the finger nut and its in

I am really over the moon with the new Scheppach its like a little Rolls Royce sat on the bench I cant wait till tomorrow to have a go at a shadow pattern.

Just one little niggle the User Manual that came with it is printed in Dutch and no English version came with it
Does anyone know where I can get an English Manual for it?

Phil

It's great that you're so happy with your new saw, Phil :) .

It'll be interesting to see what it produces!

Gill

I hope you have better luck with it than I did, I bought a Scheppach Deco was great while it lasted however after 6 months the support for the table broke.

Scheppach did not want to know, insisted that I had dropped the machine and that there was no way that normal use could have caused the problem.

I now have an Axminster saw, excellent.

Latest posts

Back