New sliding mitre saw... where to put it!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cusimar9

Established Member
Reaction score
So a bit of an impulse purchase this but I decided to buy a Metabo sliding mitre saw

51k0-2UJhvL._SY300_.jpg

It looks like a nice solid piece of kit, however I didn't fully consider the fact that it's 1 metre deep. That's almost half the width of my garage and a bigger footprint than my table saw!

So my original plans for a mitre station have gone out the window and I'm having other ideas.

I'm now thinking of mounting it on a rotating base, bolted in the centre to a mitre stand, such that when not in use I can just rotate the whole thing and sit it up against the wall.

I certainly want to keep it 'accessible' so I can't spend 5 minutes assembling it every time I want to use it, but at the same time it needs to fit in my workshop!

Any other suggestions?

I mounted mine on a moveable table mitre station with fold up wings. Below I keep the cheap B&? item it replaced, and I have a draw under for my circular saw, spare blades, etc, but it is the mobility which is most important, so I can push it out of the way when not in use.
I store it with the blade down, locked and extended, that way the foot print is reduced.
Had mine about 18 months no complaints yet.

Gareth

Yes definitely will be putting some castors on it so the whole thing moves easily, I'm not sure exactly where the best place to put it is so having it mobile seems like the best bet.

I'll put the stand together and then decide if it's worth adding a rotating top to swivel the mitre saw round when not in use

I mounted mine on a table with four castors. As said, swivelling it to 45° saves space.

Have mine on a mobile station that I can pull out when needed and put back when not in use. Rather than folding arms I just use mine with adjustable roller supports. Find these work well.

Kev

Back