New Shadow Picture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sooty

Established Member
Reaction score
I had to try out my new saw and I wanted to try the BBP that I had bought
I ordered the BBP from a local builders merchant, he did not stock it himself but picked me an 8x4 sheet from his supplier which I asked him to cut into 4 4ftx2ft's this cost me £44.00 you might think this is dear but I have cut 12 very near A4's out of one 4x2 and I still have 3 left!

The new saw is a pleasure to use and so quiet, I had the speed set at about 1/3rd and with me being inexperienced at cutting it gave me plenty of time to spin in the turns without chopping bridges.

The BBP is much much better than the stuff I have been buying there are absolutely no voids in the wood at all.

New Saw, New BBP thought I may as well go for the hat trick and picked one of Whitewolfs patterns that I thought would be testing? It was, my heart was in my mouth a few times but I think it turned out all right.
Here is the pic

Looks good to me :) . I think someone's slipping down a greasy slope :wink: :) .

What are you going to do with all these shadow portraits? Is this part of a cunning plan to make sure you never have to wallpaper your house again?

Gill

Gill":1ravm5qi said:
Looks good to me :) . I think someone's slipping down a greasy slope :wink: :) .

What are you going to do with all these shadow portraits? Is this part of a cunning plan to make sure you never have to wallpaper your house again?

Gill

Thanks for the comments
Greasy slope? Hope not! I will have to try and find a balance between using the scroll saw and the lathe, I hope to eventually find a few projects where I can incorporate the two.

Never have to wallpaper again? nice thought! To my mind I have only done one shadow portrait thats the eagle the others were just practice runs.
thanks again for the comments
Phil

Back