New pieces for critique

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braveheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Please find attached pictures of 2 new pieces for your critique, all comments welcome.
This piece is from a found block of wood which if any one can identify the wood I would be grateful. The size of the bowl is 230mm x 60.mm
Picture017.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

The second part below is 50 mm wide x 40 mm high.wood very high grade Indian pallet wood.
Picture008.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Both very nice pieces Terry,but the first gets my vote :D
Looks to be very well finished and i love the bead detail round the rim,and the base is very nicely finished again.Nice detail.
The wood looks like Iroko,or Sapele to me :?:
Any chance of making the piccys a little smaller :?:

fantastic finish on the first bowl..like the edge very skillfully done & I like
the way you finished of the base..
My wife liked the shape of the shape of the Indian pallet wood bowl
Again I like the clear wood grain finish..
Thanks for the show..

Very nice indeed,

I particularly like the button effect in the chucking recess of the first, and the rim bead.

Loz

I like the practical shape of the first bowl and the finish achieved.
The rim bead is substantial enough to stand out in its own right but does not dominate the bowl form.

The second item inner curve would not have been easy to access and I doubt the wood type would have made it any easier, well done.

the top bowl is lovely, unfortunatley i dont know the wood.
the curve on the second bowl isnt as pleaseing as i think it could have been, if the curve had of tucked in a little more at the top 1/3rd making the opening slightly smaller.

Back