UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregH

Reaction score
Hello. Thanks for adding me.
Approved sparky by trade and a part-time wood worker. I have recently taken on a workshop with a friend which came with a lot of old machinery - all in need of TLC (actually they need stripping down and starting again). Unfortunately, some of the machines have suffered from a flood a while back.
Machines in my workshop, all 3 phase-

Wadkin PP tablesaw
Wadkin Bursgreen DM/V Morticer
Wadkin Bursgreen BOA/S jointer (partly restored)
Brookman LDV dovetailer
SDM spindle moulder

I also have an old tenoner machine. Not sure what make.....it's still at the back of the workshop covered in dust and grime.
I might have the odd question in the future.

Thanks. Greg

Attachments

• 20220827_122326.jpg
    20220827_122326.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220828_160657.jpg
    20220828_160657.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221222_123552.jpg
    20221222_123552.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Hi and welcome- you have some good beefy looking machinery there -what do you make when not at work 🤗
Thanks Bingy Man.
Ive just completed a major house renovation and made most of the stuff in the house, including 2 vanity units (our doris didnt like anything she saw), an oak dining table, 3 end grain chopping boards, 2 coffee tables and 2 large wardrobes.
Who knows what i'll be making when the machines have been overhauled.

Thanks Bingy Man.
Ive just completed a major house renovation and made most of the stuff in the house, including 2 vanity units (our doris didnt like anything she saw), an oak dining table, 3 end grain chopping boards, 2 coffee tables and 2 large wardrobes.
Who knows what i'll be making when the machines have been overhauled.
Talk about coincidence- I’m currently gutting a large house for a friend and taking down original lath and plaster ceilings, and hacking off plaster off the walls, once the rubbish is removed I’ve got four chimneys to take down . I’ve got several partition walls to build but these seam like months away .the new kitchen I’ve got to install is even further away 😩😩😩

Hello and welcome. You've got all the machinery so no excuses (loving the PP by the way)!

With your sparky background I'm sure you will be answering more questions than you will be asking (y)

Talk about coincidence- I’m currently gutting a large house for a friend and taking down original lath and plaster ceilings, and hacking off plaster off the walls, once the rubbish is removed I’ve got four chimneys to take down . I’ve got several partition walls to build but these seam like months away .the new kitchen I’ve got to install is even further away 😩😩😩
All the best with that. I know it's not an easy task.

Back