New Drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, i orderd my new bosch GSB 20-2 RCE last friday, and today it got delivered (a day later then promised :cry: ) from power tools UK for a total amount of Gbp 147.17

And i used it today on some haevy concrete floors, walls, wood , tiles,

And did also some screwing with it,

And this machine is perfect, worth every penny.

So if you are still looking for a good corded drill then this is mine/your
best choice

McLuma

Hi Mcluma,

I was just about to order from power tools uk when I noticed there was a delivery charge. The total cost of 147 quid made me think again about the Metabo drills. I've put an order in with for an SBE 1010 with power tools direct instead for 160 quid. I was dissapointed to find they don't keep it in stock but once it's arrived I'll have forgotten about the wait.

For those who think I'm mad spending this amount of money I can only mention my power tool experiences. Every time I've spent a lot of money on a tool it has resulted in an increased usage of the tool. I have cheap tools and expensive tools. The cheap tools do the job; the expensive tools are a dream to use and make life so much easier.

I'll look at the SDS drills again when I next come to do some heavy work. For now I just need an all-round drill. No doubt when that time comes I'll spend a lot of money again.

I knew all about wall chasers and the mess they make which is why I'm no great fan of them. The angle grinder is bad enough.

I'll let you know how I get on when I get the drill.

Dave

I have a hitachi D-handled drill, very torquey, and slow running. Ideal for core drills, large metal bits and augers.
Will cope with 6" core bits and 20mm hss bits drilling steel. Also has a safety clutch. Non hammer.
Its the old version of this one.
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PI ... Drill-110v

And for the masonry, a 3mode Hitachi SDS http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hitachi-Rotary-Ha ... dZViewItem

I wouldnt have any worries about recommending either machine to anyone.

The DC120V we use at work, its the only hand drill that lasts longer than about a year. The next best is probably the Makita 8407.

Latest posts

Back