New cupboards for the workshop to replace dusty open shelves

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chataigner

Established Member
Reaction score
After several weeks of one of the worst droughts on record, we now have had a week of rain. Such a shame for the holiday makers, but so urgently needed by the land. Trapped indoors by the rain, I have been continuing with updating my workshop, adding a suite of cupboards and drawers to house tools and equipment to the bench built a couple of weeks ago.

workshop2.jpg

workshop5.jpg

The cupboard on the end contains the most commonly used tools and is designed to be open when working. The door opens agains the wall, so no space is lost. Two doors now completed, the other cupboards will have similar doors, but intended to be kept shut while working.

workshop4.jpg

workshop7.jpg

One drawer will be fitted for chisels, the others will contain those odds and sods that dont lend themselves to being hung up or put on shelves. Next job is a front for the filing cabinet drawer.

I should add this is not fine joinery here, this is quickly made using basic kitchen cabinet methods, composite materials glued, dowelled/biscuited and screwed together. The face frame is oak, as are the door frames. Door panels and drawer fronts are MDF (no finish applied when pics were taken). Nothing special, but it is a vast improvement on the open shelves covered in dust that preceeded it, so I'm very pleased.

Back