New addition to the workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raggy

Established Member
Reaction score
Looked out the french doors at lunchtime and spotted this on my workshop roof.
DSCF3509.jpg

Think its the same one that was in the garden last week, the wife watched it for half hour playing on the grass.

Am I missing something? That is a fox isn't it? I can't get rid of the blasted things! Have you got a gun? :twisted: :wink:

This week I was having a drink in my local pub The Stag, which is still old fashioned, Shooting, Hunting, Fishing etc. I went out for a smoke it was dark. Minuets later a young dog fox came walking about the front of the pub looking for bits and peases and hung around for some time. Caused quite a stir inside the pub. Afraid I didn't have my camera.

Evergreen":302sqv3w said:
Amazing! Do you live in a town or the country? What do you think he/she was after?

Live in a town, but there is a railway line behind, or should i say above (huge embankment, looks odd when the leaves have dropped off the trees) my workshop so they are always up and down that.

wizer":2bpf3dz6 said:
Am I missing something? That is a fox isn't it? I can't get rid of the blasted things! Have you got a gun? :twisted: :wink:

They aren't a nuisance really apart from the racket they make some nights, and we have 2 dogs that chase them off if we let them out ;)

They tease my dogs something rotten and have learned how to get into the wheelie bins. They have also taken to digging up the pots in the garden and defecating in them!

They are a lovely animal, but like mothers in law, in small numbers!
Same with badgers and Grey Squirrels.

Roy.

Hi,

We have them round our way (nottingham) they do make some unearthly noises at night, and I hear they can attack cats, we have two. apart from that they are all right.

Pete

Racers":2i3ro7y7 said:
.....I hear they can attack cats, we have two. apart from that they are all right. Pete

When we had cats (3) the foxes used to give them a wide birth when they were in the garden together.

If a cat decided to deem itself of a low enough order to get up and move anywhere near the foxes the foxes always turned their backs on them, I guess one set of claws in a nose is enough to make a point.

Only once did we see a fox chase a cat when a neighbours cat ran up the garden, as soon as the cat stopped and faced it, it backed off.

The foxes always defer to the badgers for food scraps as well.

Raggy":13m4wjaj said:
Evergreen":13m4wjaj said:
Amazing! Do you live in a town or the country? What do you think he/she was after?

Live in a town, but there is a railway line behind, or should i say above (huge embankment, looks odd when the leaves have dropped off the trees) my workshop so they are always up and down that.
Watch out for those guys in red suits riding horses chaseing those things with a howling bunch of dogs,what a bunch of noise they raise up... :D

They are playing territory games. My dogs chase them out of the garden (and one goes crazy barking forever) and then when the dogs are in the house, the foxes come and lay their scent (Sh*t by my back door). They even come up to the patio doors to tease the dogs. The livelier dog now keeps guard at the window, we can't get her to come away.

A local chap has just totalled his car and a Hawthorn hedge, dodging a Fox.
The Fox left the scene of the accident!

Roy.

Digit":289g5c25 said:
A local chap has just totalled his car and a Hawthorn hedge, dodging a Fox.
The Fox left the scene of the accident!

Roy.

He probably didn`t get the memo that he was suppose to use a horse. :D

MatthewKing":3abisyso said:
There seem to be a lot of foxes here in Poole. One has burrowed a den/lair? under our neighbours shed, drives my dogs mad!

My wife quite often says she see them while walking down our street in the evening

Yes, foxes are on the increase. In this part of Europe you hardly ever see them in the daytime and I was told if you do see them in the day they are possibly rabid - Not going to be the case in UK of course.

Our property is well fenced and judging by how our dogs deal with any four legged creature that dares to enter I don't think a fox would stand much of a chance. :roll:

Back