Need help with Scheppach HMW260 planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technium

Established Member
Reaction score
I purchased the above a few months ago from ebay and was shown it working fine. Ive had it in storage since then while I sorted out my workshop but today when I have come to use it I cant get it turned on, by that I mean I cant seem to either press the green start button or the red stop button.

The cable socket connection has a weird connection which connects to the planer and the following end has a 13amp plug on. The weird connection seems to be able to plug in either way is that correct or is there a specific orientation that it should be connected?

Also could there be some kind of safety trip or anything on it stopping me from pressing the green on button?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Colin

Is there dust in the switches ?
Could it be stopping the stop switch from depressing ..is it a twist lock ?
Have you tried changing the fuse?
Maybe a piccy would help ?

I don't have a Scheppach... mine is a SIP but they are all pretty similar anyway.

I'm assuming you don't mean the NVR is physically not working (otherwise you won't be looking at the cable).

There is usually a microswitch / pressure switch of some form to prevent it from turning on if it's not safe. On mine the "exhaust" module (the bit you link with the extractor) has a part where when secured, will also press on switch. When in thicknesser mode, that switch is near the blade. In planer mode, the switch is inside somewhere in the thicknesser. I'm guessing that is your problem (I hope it is otherwise it sounds like a repair job).

Good luck.

Adrian

Thanks all, its now sorted. I took the nvr switch apart to check voltages etc and all was looking ok but when I put it back together it worked as it should. I guess something was caught or lodged one of the buttons and cleared itself once I took it apart.

thanks again

Colin

Back