Narrow Brass Hanging Plates?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Something I've not come across before is a narrow hanging plate - for 19mm thick sides on a wall cabinet, for example.

Alright, Rutlands do currently have these Brusso ones on sale - that's a bit more than I'd like to spend.

I guess they don't have to be solid brass; plated might do, as they won't be seen, anyway.

There seem to be plenty of "affordable" mirror plates about but, they're not always suitable, depending on the design of the cabinet.

So, if anyone knows of a source for cheaper hanging plates - please share! :)

Thanks,

Olly.

Make your own and option? or just do French Cleats?

Try Woodfit code BP500
They are steel but only 14.5 wide and only 92p each for however many you buy. I've used them many times for a hidden fixing and they are very strong.

John

Yeah, one of my other options would have been to make my own. My tutor thinks he might have a spare bit of brass I could use but, we have a time restriction on this final project. The ones from Isaac Lord look ideal, as they're only 14mm wide and the back edges of my cabinet are most likely going to be rebated (ex. 1in boards).

I would've considered French cleats but, the cabinet can't be any deeper than 125mm and that would cost me some storage space inside, as I want to have it fitting flush against the wall.

Latest posts

Back