Mystery Tour: Kitchen Cabinet Doors any use?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferdinand

Established Member
Reaction score
Can I ask advice on this. I don't know whether these are worth doing anything with.

We have a lot of high quality cabinet doors, like this dark one (from our kitchen):

BILD0063-500.jpg

or this light one:

BILD0064-500.jpg

When you dismantle them you get a nicely rebated panel, which is planked but of good quality:

BILD0066-500.jpg

BILD0071-500.jpg

and a surround:

BILD0072-500.jpg

There are various sizes and finishes up to about 450x450mm:

BILD0073-500.jpg

BILD0067-500.jpg

And we have used them as mount boards for e.g., flower arrangements

BILD0075-500.jpg

The dimensions are roughly: 5mm thickness at the edge, up to 10mm thickness in the middle (varies by finish), 35mm width of rebate, most seem to have a slight chamfer (slope) across the width of the milled-out rebate.

If I keep putting these aside I may end up with several hundred when I've finished clearing all the stuff.

Are there enough uses for these for it to be worth doing, and is there an application for the surrounds? Or ... winter firewood?

I'd be really grateful for any comments.

(I think I may also have quite a few of the panels these were milled from, 10mm thick 600x600 (ish) sheets, but I haven't assessed any of those yet.)

Ferdinand

Gut feeling is that you might shift them as a job lot on e-bay, but not for much money. Given the amount of clearing and sorting you seem to have to do I wouldnt spend an awful lot of time dismantling the doors into surrounds and panels personally. Course if you come across solid oak or non-pine timber I would put those to one side for seperate sale, but apart from that get rid quick.

Steve

It might be worth finding a local salvage company to help you out with this sort of stuff. It might save you money in ebay fees and hassle.

Back