My third project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corset

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok after my workbench this is first project after my workbench. ITs a frasier (TV) inspired occasional type thing. Its made out of pippen oak and walnut. The boxes are dovetailed and the sub table are made of mortice and tenon joints. The finish is chesnut finishing oil and wax.
Not sure i have got proportions right and the dovetails on the drawer if you look uou may see a train whistling through the gaps any comments welcome
DCP02693.jpg

DCP02694.jpg

DCP02695.jpg

DCP02696.jpg

Dovetails look good,proportions are nice,and the two timbers go well together.
Only minor point is the pictures could have done with being a bit brighter 8) - otherwise another very nice project :D

Andrew

Very nice! I really like the design and choice of timber - and is well executed too. I echo the sentiment for some lighter pictures, maybe in daylight!

M

Corset

Nicely executed project, don't worry too much about the dovetails, if there are small gaps it shows they were done by hand.

Just one question on the design, is the top drawer box secured in any way to the bottom one?

Waka in response to your question i have screwed the top box to the bottom one. I have routed a groove to allow for movement. I will try to take a better picture but photography is not my strongpoint.

Corset
Lovely job! :D
I was watching Frasier the other night (the episode where Martin does some woodwork?) and saw the table. Thought it might be worth having a go but you beat me to it :lol:
Keep up the good work,
Philly :D

Latest posts

Back