My recent injuries.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johnfarris":2v0nibzc said:
bourbon":2v0nibzc said:
Doesn't take much to put your back out. I did mine picking a pair of shoes up!

Pulled my picking up a magazine off a coffee table so I know how you feel.
Took me three years to get completely over it not nice at all.

Did mine walking onto a stage to give a presentation in my new job in front of 300.

Being the safety director meant i never heard the last of it ... :-/

phil.p":g37t7t93 said:
I had a shoulder which I couldn't move in the mornings without massaging it first - if I forgot to do it the pain was enough to make me scream. My mother had used an osteopath for decades for back pain, since her GP had advised her to see one (he was a brilliant doctor, a qualified surgeon, and at that time he could have been in serious trouble for recommending an osteopath) and she told me to go to see hers. This was about 16 years ago. He charged me £30 for the first appointment and £25 for the second - at the end of the second, he gave me his card and told I'd probably not need to return. I didn't, and that was after about 18 months of pain.
The downside was when I recommended the osteopath to an acquaintance, he looked up and said he'd already seen him and his GP had told him that he was very lucky the man hadn't crippled him.

Funny how different people's views are on osteopaths and chiropractors. I can't understand why they're not more readily available on the NHS. If he sorted your pain out in only two visits he must be doing something right !

Cheers
Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Brandlin":u96zsdwr said:
johnfarris":u96zsdwr said:
bourbon":u96zsdwr said:
Doesn't take much to put your back out. I did mine picking a pair of shoes up!

Pulled my picking up a magazine off a coffee table so I know how you feel.
Took me three years to get completely over it not nice at all.

Did mine walking onto a stage to give a presentation in my new job in front of 300.

Being the safety director meant i never heard the last of it ... :-/
I had no idea this was a thing. I thought it was only from trauma or lifting something too heavy. It seems we're all ticking time bombs ready to hunch over in pain !

Unfortunately, A weightlifters belt would be no use to me as I suffer from scoliosis, (same as Richard the third) It holds my back in the wrong place and I'm in pain.

ColeyS1":2gq6u6fb said:
Funny how different people's views are on osteopaths and chiropractors. I can't understand why they're not more readily available on the NHS. If he sorted your pain out in only two visits he must be doing something right !

Cheers
Coley

Or maybe not. One persons (valid) opinion isn't science. It might have got better anyway - or the chiropractor could have accidentally done something good.

You need lots of people being studied under scientific conditions. And as far as I'm aware there is no evidence, presented in decent medical journals, that chiropractors do anything.

post hoc ergo propter hoc

phil.p":2ovr7yxz said:
I put mine out quite badly twice - once bending over a pool table and once ............ well, you wouldn't really want to know ...... :D
Up to no good breaking and entering ? Lol

OscarG":18i49lq4 said:
Nice workshop Coley!

Hope you heal up soon.
Thanks Oscar. I've been on light duties this week so have been tidying and sorting the workshop a little. I can see the floor in most areas of the shop now. A good sort out was long overdue !!

MARK.B.":28e0531z said:
Pleased that worked out for you Coley,looks great now its painted. =D>
Thanks Mark,top man !

Hope that heals quickly...

What colour green is that on your mitre station, I quite like it.

Chop saws? Aren't they the worst in the workshop for generating dust that is difficult to collect?
Mine is anyway. It came with a cloth bag for the dust outlet - what a joke that was.

K

ScaredyCat":2ct76dif said:
Hope that heals quickly...

What colour green is that on your mitre station, I quite like it.

Thanks SC.Do you think so ? I originally bought it for my bench but instantly doubted myself when I opened the can. Its-
f8bb01681889dc199c3bb894c54951b1.jpg

It's one of the most pleasing paints I've brushed on. Covers really well, doesn't run if you put it on a bit thick and levels out quite good to. It's the first time I used that brand but it won't be the last. When I originally opened the tin I gulped and chickened out using it. Instead I opted for a dulux green to match farrow and ball I think.
6d8c8dd4a5fe920bf73296d55bc9c5b2.jpg

Now it's painted on a larger area I think I prefer it to my bench colour! Over the last few years I've learnt it doesn't matter if you don't get something quite right the first time, it's ok to redo something once you've lived with it for a while.
That said I've painted the draught excluder holder a...dark blue. It still looks really dark blue and I bought a 5 litre tin of it !! I was planning on painting the spate bench the same dark blue to match- Perhaps it'll look ok then, perhaps it'll still be screaming to get repainted lol.

graduate_owner":1599v13v said:
Chop saws? Aren't they the worst in the workshop for generating dust that is difficult to collect?
Mine is anyway. It came with a cloth bag for the dust outlet - what a joke that was.

K
I think they must be. It's an old machine so perhaps things have changed. I agree with you about the cloth bags- nice thought but they don't catch much.
One thing I'm a little hesitant/embarrassed to say is my near miss I had on Wednesday. I'm on light duties and only doing things for myself but crikey I've made so many balls up this week. I'm trying to work through the pain without taking codeine and being in pain a lot is a bit like being a tad drunk. The pains at the front of my mind and the job in hand is in the back seat. Mismeasurements, not thinking a few steps in front have all added to a few annoying errors- it's for myself so at least I don't have to pass it on.
Wednesday I decided to fit castors to the morticer. Anything over 3m and I need to drag it around to enable the length of wood to fit. Bad back so I jacked the morticer up high so I could get my weight behind drilling the bottom for bolts. A hot chip flipped up and burnt my eyelid.
4bd67f2d13468430798a9672acc9ba09.jpg

This is it now after a few days healing- so friggin lucky it wasn't a few mm lower !

Doom and gloom aside I've achieved a lot this week in the shop. I can see the floor everywhere which in theory should make pushing a brush around a bit more appealing. Monday is my concern, I need to get back to paying jobs...

So I'm stubborn/ hopeful / ignorant ! I've put up with to be honest a couple months of agony. I had back pain before and it's settled but today was my two month anniversary of 'it happening" and misery/pain"being too much. I've just about got by with codeine and rest but realised I need help. I hate asking for help. Saw a chiropractor today that's finally made me feel so much better. He's been in the profession for 30+ years and said - this is what we should do, this is what's gonna happen and this is how you will feel. I had the first treatment today, I just wish I'd seen him sooner ! Another visit on Wednesday where he'll ramp up the manipulation. Wtf did I wait soooo long! ?

Back