My new dust extraction set up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
After my post asking for info re diameter of soil pipe, my package from Axminster arrived this morning with the two y-junctions and three blast gates. Fitted it this afternoon and spent the evening playing with it!
Pics:
dust006.jpg

dust005.jpg

It's very handy having all the blast gates so close to each other. One hose connects the Woodrat and another the table saw. The third hose can be attached to my remaining machines when needed.

yesterday I finally got round to making a dust extraction hood for my thicknesser - the difference is incredible.
dust002.jpg

You may all already know this but the extractor pipes for kitchens are 100mm and the round/rectangle connectors are great for making a direct connection to the hose. I used one for my woodrat, planer thicknesser and thicknesserl
dust007.jpg

They're very cheap from Screwfix if you've got other stuff to order!

Hope my joy with my new system hasn't bored you too much!! :oops:

Cheers
Stewart

Stewart...very neat.

What model CamVac did you go for and how/where does it vent to? Number of motors etc. I'm keen to know more about this.

Is it an optional extra to have the stuff drop out of the bottom of the CamVac? All the pictures I see on their site have wheels.

Cheers

Roger

Hi Barry
Thanks for the tip about Charnwood - now added to my burgeoning list of favourites!
Roger, the Camvac is model GV286W - you can find the specs on their website here, I hope...
At the moment I don't have it venting anywhere - it occurred to me earlier this week that I should also address this. It vents through the top of the lid and it would be a simple matter to attach some hose to this and run it somewhere else. Not sure what size it is but it's smaller than 100mm, I'd guess 63mm.
It works very efficiently even with the blast gates added. Camvac recommend the longest run of hose should be no more than 5 metres.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Stewart

Stewart, I have mine vented to outside the workshop. What a differance it makes to the noise reduction. The dia. is 63mm.

Dicky

Latest posts

Back