My makers Mark

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is my makers mark.

I personally don't like marks which are over the top or old fashioned, but that's because we are a modern company.

Ours is a stainless steel plate 40 x 17mm, 0.6mm thick.

Its engraved, with black letters.

The info on it is kept to a minimum deliberately, too much info and it just looks cluttered.

For me "Armstrong Jordan, Matching Green, Essex" gives enough info for anyone who is genuinely interested to find us fairly easily.
dsc0475o.jpg

Both photos show the stainless steel plate, although one has a brass look due to reflections

dsc0447l.jpg

my wesite and blog

Very nice Doc! I too prefer a more contemporary styling. We're in the market for some new plates, would you mind sharing where you had them made up and a typical price for such a design?

Cheers,

Jim

I've decided that for future projects, mine will be a piece of brass 25x15mm engraved with my initials and the date the piece was made in Roman numerals underneath - Rob

My tastes are more contemporary but I do prefer the oval/ellipse stype makers marks - think Bugatti badge

woodbloke":35q1cfts said:
I've decided that for future projects, mine will be a piece of brass 25x15mm engraved with my initials and the date the piece was made in Roman numerals underneath - Rob

That's fine, but you either have to have each one engraved or say have 10 for each year.

Doctor":2f3h5kj8 said:
woodbloke":2f3h5kj8 said:

That's fine, but you either have to have each one engraved or say have 10 for each year.
...or own a decent electric engraver, which I do :wink: Agreed, it would be a bit of a pain if you were batch or mass producing stuff, but as I only make one or three pieces each year, it's no problem to do an individual plate with the date and initials - Rob

woodbloke":3k5fzf4i said:
...or own a decent electric engraver, which I do :wink: Agreed, it would be a bit of a pain if you were batch or mass producing stuff, but as I only make one or three pieces each year, it's no problem to do an individual plate with the date and initials - Rob

Is it difficult to get a professional finish, we have a cheap engraver just to put names on tools etc but I couldn't do proper engraving with it.

Back