My latest effort!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Well guys I finally got the garage doors hung for my customer. Had to assemble them on site as they were too big to get through the house! I also got some more work from him for the New Year too and possibly a new set of gates to build too. I will be back there next weekend fitting skirting boards and measuring up to build a corner alcove unit. :D

Mailee, have you let the new doors into the existing opening, it's not too clear on the photo

No Gardenshed, it is a new frame as we took the old one off as it was rotten. Much easier to make the frame fit the doors. :D

Ahhhh I see, it just looked on the photo as if the new frame was fixed onto the front face of the garage brickwork.

gardenshed":jk7n8c8e said:
Ahhhh I see, it just looked on the photo as if the new frame was fixed onto the front face of the garage brickwork.
I thought the same :oops: Maybe its the old frame above that is giving the impression. It still looks as though its been fixed to the face of the opening though?

Yes it is fixed to the front of the opening as was the original one? This is how the customer wanted it and it was easier for me so that is how it was fitted. It is Redwood as most of my gates are and the customer is going to treat it with Cuprinol I think.

Wow Nice job, What kind of locking system is going to be used? It would be a shame to spoil that work with a padlock :?

Very nice job.

Lee.
=D> =D>

Hi Lee, the lock is already fitted in the picture although it is hard to see. It is a five lever mortice lock set into the left hand door and the right hand door is bolted top and bottom with locks. I took Mel and John's advice on the hinges and used the stainless roller bearing ones, three on each side. They are pretty good too for the price. Thanks for the nice comments guys. :D

Latest posts

Back