My feet stink!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doorframe

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't usually suffer with smelly feet, but I've been out working hard in the garden all week, 12 hours+ each day, under the hot sun, sweating like a trooper, wearing trainers with no socks.

1 hour in the bath later, and my feet still stink!

Just thought you needed to know.

heh I'm pretty sure buttocks gets the point across just fine.. - zoiks - £17 per pair of socks?

A chap with the worst smelling feet in the world wanted to marry and so joined a dating agency. They paired him up with a young lady who had the worst bad breath in the world. They were both too afraid of their little secret spoiling the potential relationship and so both, for their own reasons, kept all contact by phone or email.
After a couple of years the chap asked the young lady to marry him, still having never met each other they made plans and a date was set. He went to the doctors and explained his plight, the doc couldn't do any more for him than he had in the past and suggested he have a pair of boots made that lace up to the knee for the big day.
Meanwhile the girl sourced the strongest breath freshener she could find.
The wedding went perfectly and all was well until they got to the hotel room on the wedding night. He went into the bathroom and got undressed first. He took off his boots and the stench almost overpowered him. He washed his feet and dowsed them in talc. He left his boots with his socks in the bathroom and jumped into bed whilst his love went to the bathroom to get undressed. To her horror her mouth spray had run out.
She came back to the bedroom trying to look as alluring as she possibly could. " I have a secret and need to tell you something" She said as she climbed into bed and snuggled close.

"Jesus" He cried "You don't eat effing socks do you?!"

I find that wearing any footwear without socks makes both the feet and the footwear smell before too long.

Try socks with merino wool in them or viscose made from bamboo - they both have anti bacterial properties and cut down on foot odour considerably. That's all I wear when I go hiking now and they're great.

I don't have smelly feet but wear the trainer socks which don't show above the shoes and are much more comfortable than without socks. I think bare feet in syntetic trainers is probably asking for trouble.

Bob

Wearing trainers, with or without socks, can be dangerous when a lump of cast iron falls on your foot:

zusa8a6e.jpg

It's healed up now :)

Rod

Well, the stench has incremented by a factor of 12 (hours)

These trainers are definitely going in the bin before I go back to work on Monday!!!

Today's thunderstorms have slowed progress, but the stench is worth it!

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

duncanh":id9o6zp9 said:
Try socks with merino wool in them or viscose made from bamboo........... That's all I wear when I go hiking now and they're great.

You`re not The Naked Rambler, are you?

:shock:

Soak your feet in a potassium permanganate solution. It'll turn them nice and brown but you could say you went to a nudist camp for the weekend but was so embarrassed that you only took your socks off.

Your feet will sort themselves out with a bit of washing and then let them air ie don't wear anything on them around the house. However trainers are generally made of materials that don't allow air in and out much. That combined with no socks means your feet will swear and that moisture has nowhere to go except to go stale around your feet. Socks will help a lot as will something like Oder eaters which are charcoal based and absorb the moisture and smells. Getting some trainers that breath better will help. Either some mesh type ones or some goretex type ones. You should also think that you're likely to end up with athletes foot as well as all that moisture will bread bacteria so worth investing in some socks!

Back