My Boat name plates

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
This is my latest project

3 name plates

so what do you think

IMG_1063.jpg

Very nice - did you use the Trend lettering kit ? I've done a few nameplates recently,but just routed the letters freehand (after copying the text in a font that I liked).

Andrew

Hi Mate

Yes used the Trend stencil kit , it gives good results , also painted the letters in black , then painted the bottom of each letter in gold , so now it over to the varnish , should look good when finished

This is the baot they are going on , Have changed the name to TIZARD

106_0623-1.jpg

Hi

She is a Cygnus GM32 Hull 12ft beam 4ft 6" draught and weighs in at 12 tons

Ford 6 cyl 120 hp diesel , all the inside is done in hard woods

built 1986 but spent most of it life sitting in marinas

Allen

Allen,
That's one nice looking vessel. You could go almost anywhere in that couldn't you?

Spent several years of my life in the eighties working on a GM32 ,lovely sea boats ,went through some scary weather in it and always got us home. :D 6 cylinder ford in that one as well.

" 'Tis'ard " to sail it, maybe?

:oops: did i say that out loud :oops:

couldn't resist :D

Love the nameplates BTW. The top one is my fave, but if the plate were 'tother way round, or 'upside down' if you see what i mean. That way it would fit the shape of the boat nicely under the rail.

Gary

dedee":3vtjtcju said:
Nice. Why TIZARD? Does it mean something?

Andy

Hi , I needed a name that was appropriate

Needed to be nautical / local / and humerus

So , there is a Tizard bank ( Sand bank ) in the Lower Thames so that covers nautical and local

Tizard , well I will leave that to your imagination :wink:

Gary H":n7iq1goa said:
" 'Tis'ard " to sail it, maybe?

:oops: did i say that out loud :oops:

couldn't resist :D

Love the nameplates BTW. The top one is my fave, but if the plate were 'tother way round, or 'upside down' if you see what i mean. That way it would fit the shape of the boat nicely under the rail.

Gary

Hi , The 2 straight name plates go either side of the wheelhouse

the shaped one goes on the rear / stern

I have vinyl sign's for the bow . stick on ones

Back