Multico M3 Morticer - Manual and Spare parts list

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seeall

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been given a Multico M3 Morticer which has been stood in a workshop unused for a number of years. Hence it is covered with surface rust, but with no obvious faults or pit marks.
My winter project is to overhaul the machine, but, before starting the process, I'm looking for a Manual and a Spare parts list for this particular model.

Do you have a copy of both or either which you can e-mail to me?
Do you know where I can download copies from?
It would be appreciated.

I've also been given, in a similar condition, a Sedgwick MB310 Planer/Thicknesser. If you have a copy of the manual and/or spare parts list that also will be appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Jeff

I have a Multico manual, but it’s not worth the paper it’s written on. Tells you absolutely nothing.

They are really easy to take apart, the only thing you have to be very very careful of is to make sure you mark up the bars so you can put them back exactly as they came out and also the rollers under the sliding table. If you mix them up, the table will not run parallel to the bars and the tenon will not have square shoulders and could also be twisted. The machine I had was sold to me for exactly this reason. There were 16 combinations of the rollers to work through to find out how to get it back square. I was Lucky I got it after three attempts. I can only assume they machine the table with the rollers fixed in place when they first made it. The rollers are not on eccentric cams so you can’t adjust them......well at least mine weren’t!!

All the bearings are standard metric, so cheap as chips and no reason not to replace all of them as you go. Everything else is bespoke, so if your missing it you have to make it / repair it.

Back