moving advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guineafowl21 [any south african connections there?]

Couldn't find machinery movers but contacted furniture removers and a a few haulage. No one able to help
I did try shiply, the quotes came in hard at the beginning then stopped
I also tried the two companies that whatknot kindly shared the contact details of, nothing
I've tried haulage firms, furniture removers, man with a van, shiply, local tool hire companies, nothing

would there be any milleage in asking, if what Stanleymonkey mentioned previously about there being a few members from this community in Cornwall, if I could make an offer to pay a member to help out?

I am close to Newquay but I am afraid my humping machinery days are long gone, neither do I know anyone that could help in that regard

When you say you messaged the two I suggested, have you tried ringing? I would be surprised if they can't help or suggest someone that could

Thanks for replying

I emailed, whatsapped and phoned the one company [they didn't answer the phone] and used the others online quote request form, neither got back to me. I'll try phoning again

Thanks for replying

I emailed, whatsapped and phoned the one company [they didn't answer the phone] and used the others online quote request form, neither got back to me. I'll try phoning again
Only connections to S Africa are that I’ve been there (game capture course!) and own some guineafowl…

Might be a long shot, but try phoning Phill Bascombe transport. He was really good, and might either be going down there at some point, or at least may recommend a more local mover.

That’s how I found him - phoning around machinery movers and asking ‘if you don’t want the job, do you know anyone who might?’

my Wadkin Rs was stripped down to 3 maj peices......
asked Man and Van, with a tail lift supplied a pallet, plonked it on, then moved it from near Blackpool to Peterbough for £175.......
I did say in ur own time, so he could get two jobs in one........
then got it shiffted fro P/B to Crete for £225.......easy
everything was arranged from Crete via the web.......

Thanks for replying

I am surprised although it is a busy time of year down here, but still no excuse for not replying

seems my prayers have been answered
Gethin from Proper Cornish Logs has said he'll be willing to do it

thanks everyone for all your advice and suggestions
greatly appreciated

Back