Motorbike

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeybiter

Established Member
Reaction score
Just came across this piccy from my recent hols, a toyshop called Bertolucci's in Rome. All the toys are handmade wooden, mostly Pinnochio figures, mostly very 'rustic' if you know what I mean. Big glossy shop so the tourists must like them. The piccy shows a display/advertising item, not for sale, far above the represented quality. Very nice to look at whoever actually made it.

5104087163_53dd5dba70.jpg

Just been organising some piccies.
Here's the one in Venice.
6023376584_ed5d929537.jpg

And the fella with the ferrari/boat, met him in his 'studio' [shop]. Nice old [now] chap, barely spoke English and my Italian's not up to much yet, but it was nice to meet him. Had a good look at some of his work, coats and bags in cherry & walnut, and a particularly impressive wallet in ebony and ivory. Looked as real as mine, just worth a lot more!

I came across this carved from a tree stump in a pub car park the other day.

30389a2f.jpg

Si

one idea i have had for some time and hope to do it, is to make a full size motorbike engine out of wood. but im not sure how to power it, compressed air? :duno:

adidat

adidat":16kzic7b said:
one idea i have had for some time and hope to do it, is to make a full size motorbike engine out of wood. but im not sure how to power it, compressed air? :duno:

adidat

I would think that is the greenest way addidat.
Hydraulics? Powered by a pump of course.
You could run it with any other motive power linked to it through pulleys or a chain drive.

If you tried combustible fuel then maybe the engine itself would add to the carbon footprint. (Whatever that means!) :mrgreen:

John :)

I would have thought that you wouldn't be able to maintain the neccessary tolerances in wood [given movement] to drive the engine with it's pistons without it binding, maybe better to make the fit deliberately 'slack' and drive it with a motor. Just my opinion.

It's possible to make accurate geared clocks from wood... Tolerances there are pretty tight, I would think.
I don't think I'd want to try myself!
John .

mike your probably right i think some sought of hidden motor is in order, and some sought of seal made from felt. i may do it out of plastic or something to see the inner workings wiring in a flash bulb.

im quite lucky as i have cnc machines and any electrical component i could ever want at my disposal

adidat

monkeybiter":1kgl4g6i said:
Just came across this piccy from my recent hols, a toyshop called Bertolucci's in Rome.
That'll be on an alleyway just round the corner from the Pantheon? I saw that too a couple of months ago; very impressive! But I'm pretty sure Ryanair wouldn't have allowed it as cabin luggage. :)

Latest posts

Back