more videoes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that, seen it before, but there's a lot more on it now.

Makes you realise how much further you've got to go !

Chris

Thanks for that Colin, not seen some of these, am downloading to watch them at my leisure.

I was going to ask the same question.
I keep looking at the Sorby clips and have wondered if they could be saved somehow :?

Hi again, You need to be using the Firefox browser. Once you have Firefox installed, you then download 'DownloadHelper', its a add on utility for Firefox. When you load a page into the Firefox browser there is a 3 ball icon which starts rotating in the browser top line, if there are downloadable files in the page. Left click on the balls, you get a menu with the file names of any downloadable files on the page. Click on the file you want, another small menu opens, click accept and the file begins downloading to your computer.

Sounds a lot, but once all the stuff is installed it is only just a couple of clicks then you can do something else while the file downloads. (In fact I'm dowloading the Phil Iron clip while I'm typing this.)

If you want any more help with this give me a shout, will do my best to help.

PS - If you go this route you will need a FLV viewer, I can point you to a free one as well. Most of these clips are in the FLV format these days.

Hi, I'm no expert on this technology so I don't know how you would play FLV files on a DVD player. I believe it is part of the 'Flash' format designed for embedding these files in web pages.

The FLV player link. There are others around, shareware and so on, but I have settled on this one. 'Cos as tight! :oops:

PS - As the FLV player is for watching on-line clips it tries to contact the internet so asks you to go on-line, it also updates every so often. All you get is a pop up asking to connect all you do is click cancel. There may be a way to stop this but have not found it as yet.

PPS - Found how to switch off the pop-up, click on settings and un-mark the first box. The only thing is you will have to switch on every so often for up-dates.

Happy viewing.

Back