More from the school of one handed turning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris.
Thanks again for the advice and encouragement. :)
I do like trying new things out and broadening my horizons,but seeing how i am newish to turning,i have to feel confident in myself before i attempt anything like what you have done.
I am still learning as we all are i suppose,but i am still getting the tool to catch and dig in,like today when i approached the piece the tool just wanted to skid across the piece,i don't understand why it does this when other times it's fine,very frustrating at times. :?
I will no doubt attempt it one day :roll:
Paul.J.

Paul J, I never get a dig in, (tempting fate there) it's all about presenting the tool at the workface in a non aggresive manner, basically watch the top edge of the tool doesnt catch, thats the bit that digs in, its all about pratice, that builds confidence, dont be put off, when I first started turning I had to think very carefully about placing the tool on the work, and again when removing it, this promotes muscle memory and very soon you will find your not thinking about it and not getting dig ins.

prtactice, practice, practice

Chris

Back