MOF 96 Router, collet jammed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackrodd

Established Member
Reaction score
I had trouble with the collet jammed with the cutter in my Elu MOF 96 router yesterday,
Undone the nut, which didn't seem over tightened Had to carefully drive the cutter out via piece of wood and small hammer, and rotating the shaft, which left the collet still seized, or jammed in place.
This I carefully had to drive out with a flat and square ground screwdriver which I made for the job yesterday, again rotating the shaft in attempt at keeping the collet removal parallel.
There was a slight evidence of rust which soon polished off the collet, the cutter was as new, so no problems there.
I set the router up again, then stripped it and the same has happened again, lucky I have a couple more routers!
My next move is to clean the inside where the collet sits, as there must be a slight corrosion or dirt build up.
Has anyone had a similar experience?, will wire wool be ok to clean out this area?
TIA, Regards Rodders

Yes Ron's advice is good

Slacken collet with spanner and loosen; the cutter may still be firm in the collet so slacken further and it goes tight again
Spanner once more and cutter will come out

That is how I get cutter out of my Hitachi router
My Bosch router is simply slacken once

Its a safety feature to stop a slack nut flying off .You loosen it twice so that it is properly slack if it still sticks then a slight tap side ways or on the end (not the sharp part) will get it loose

Back