Modern Shaker kitchen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My two pence - I love the craftsman ship and love the design, the handles are perfect. I think a bit of colour would cheer me up but if you like white then your in.

Amazing job Dr Bob and having fitted quite a few kitchens in my rental houses, that style is called shaker.

WIP pics and some design notes would be brilliant btw.

Cheers

If i ever win the lottery Doctor Bob you will be top of the list to do the fitting out of my new mansion, looks great and i bet your client was chuffed to bits with it.

doctor Bob":1qnhdkk8 said:
Random Orbital Bob":1qnhdkk8 said:
Now...you do of course use the wedding set...when the queen comes round for a spot of lunch!

She and Phil won't be there on Sunday Bob, they are having nibbles at my gaff followed by a game of twister.

Dear dear...just the thought of HRH bending over is bringing tears to my eyes! (Orf with his head!)

Dr Bob

Great piece of work you've shared there.

Of course it's what a customer has chosen, and granted we all have different tastes, which is what makes life more interesting.

Can you share with us some of the technical aspects behind this? The beauty of this forum is learning something and sharing ideas that has helped us all. Thanks to this forum I built my own kitchen too, and it may not be shaker, but looks pretty good nonetheless.

PS, isn't the scouser sterotype in prison now for murder? (That guy out of Brookside?)

There are two things here aren't there...the workmanship of the carpentry and joinery...which is obviously a very high standard.

And.....the issue of whether or not that style of kitchen appeals to one's personal taste.

So....the taste thing is subjective and therefore it's futile and some might even say childish to argue the point given everyone has different tastes. But the quality of the craftmanship is universal and therefore worthy of praise regardless of whether or not you might choose that particular kitchen.

It's not rocket science y'know

Whatever anyone's opinion maybe of the kitchen, it has been designed to customer specification and so is a job well done. Bob, I'm sure you don't need telling, but from the pictures you've posted of your workshop..... You can call a kitchen's style whatever you like! I would guess out of all the forum members on here you're probably one of the most accomplished and many could only hope to be in a position you have got yourself in. So painted MDF or not, what's it matter money has to be made and thats the bottom line of being in the trade.
(My guess is the doors are nothing less than tulipwood frames with MDF panels!)

Back