mobility scooters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might even be turned into a motion picture, something like lonesome dove.
You seem to be able to get sponsorship for everything these days, (lottery funded) that way it pays for itself and can even make a bit.

What sort of range does 75Ah give you?
SWMBO has just got one with 12Ah battery. I can only measure Ah input during charging but the 2 mile round trip into town with significant hill en route seems to need about 3Ah of charge

What sort of range does 75Ah give you?
SWMBO has just got one with 12Ah battery. I can only measure Ah input during charging but the 2 mile round trip into town with significant hill en route seems to need about 3Ah of charge
My wheelchair has 24v 62 Ah. It's supposed to do twelve miles but in reality I'd be really pushing my luck to get four miles. Like cars, they are tested under absolutely perfect conditions. Two 75Ah batteries will apparently give thirty miles .............. it remains to be seen. The problem being of course that you can't really push them til the batteries run down, you don't want to be stuck away from home.

I'd second the Shiply suggestion: Courier Services - Get Delivery Quotes In Minutes | Shiply. I've had office chairs picked up from miles away and delivered (as they are a nightmare to ship via delivery companies) for not that much cash. It tends to be local couriers who quote for the work who are going via your pickup and delivery points anyway. If you can be flexible on delivery dates they'll just put it in the back of their van and strap it in. If it's really heavy it might be worth specifying that it needs a lift or a ramp to be driven up and down to get on and off the van. Was cheaper and safer than palletised delivery.

Trains? I swore never to use a train again again after being charged £375 for one and a half 2nd class returns from London to Paddington 11 years ago.:LOL:
When I worked in London about fifteen years the fares were a bit cheaper.. Would get a off peak return from Newton Abbott to Paddington for about £75. Any train on a Sunday evening but had to wait to 1600 (or 1630 on Friday). The Friday train was always standing but I would get on the platforms from the bridge and see which was the Penzance train whilst it was being cleaned and get on.

It looks like the sort of thing that might dismantle enough to fit in the back of a hatchback? Failing that why not have a chat to your local van hire company, explain what your doing, say you just want a little van for a couple of hours one evening and see if they can help,,
Steve

Im pretty sure 3 years ago, we paid about 160 return each from totnes to paddington, that seemed to be the cheapest we could find online
Just looked on GWR website. if you were to get the next train form Totnes you could get a train back Friday evening at 1904 (and the next two trains plus a few early afternoon) for £106.90. A bit more restrictive of times than when I was doing it every week.

Back