Mitre saw suggestions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EBH1

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening,
I'm in the process of selling my dewalt mitre saw, she's a big old girl with a 305mm blade. Whilst it's been great for site work, its now a little too big for my needs and I'm looking for a more accurate saw which is smaller and lighter. I'm sorely tempted by the festool ks120, but it's expensive! I have used one on numerous occasions and think it's great, but there must be more affordable alternatives giving the same accuracy. Does anyone have any recommendations before I splurge of the green and black?
Cheers,
Euan

Do you need to change? the Dewalt is accurate maybe all you need is to tune it up and fit a false fence and replace the cutting groove with a home made zero tolerance version. If set up correctly it is as accurate as the festool. You may need to replace the blade for a fine 72 or 96 tooth blade.

I've had the saw for quite a while, whilst its been okay, its just a little too cumbersome for finer work. Where the saw lets itself down is cutting mitres at the back of the blade (i.e. skirting boards) no matter how many times i set and tune the saw it always reverts to cutting anything other than plumb. A lot of this will likely be due to moving the saw around from house to workshop, which is another reason for replacement. From what I understand the replacement model the DW717 is a much improved saw.
Cheers,
Euan

Last year I picked up the Makita LS1018 and it hasn't missed a beat. Great capacity, sturdy and bob on accurate. If I needed to replace it I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Back