Mitre saw dust extractor?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armagh

Established Member
Reaction score
Having read several threads on here, I'm still confused in regards to dust extraction. I'm a site joiner and do a lot of work with mdf. The amount to dust in the room after a days second fixing is frankly worrying. Most of the dust is produced by a Makita ls1013. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a suitable dust extractor? I've seen dust extractors before that only run when the machine starts up, are these expensive? I'd looked at a Dewalt vacuum that runs on an 18v battery, is that a suitable solution(Dewalt DCV582 18v XR Wet & Dry Vacuum)? Thanks in advance

Hi,
I use a festool CTL midi with my Bosch mitre saw you can plug the saw into the extractor so it only starts when you push the button on the saw and runs for a couple of seconds after you release it again. It's really has reduced the amount of dust that escapes into the air.

I have a Karcher vacuum that does the same, bought at Aldi at a greatly reduced Price, worth looking out for.

Mike

I've got a Festool CTL Midi attached to a Makita Mitre saw, not the one you have. It starts up and stops in tandem with the saw. I also use it with a planer, circular saws, sander etc.

I've found with the chop-saw, a lot of dust still gets out and there are few which keep most dust under control. I'd thoroughly recommend getting a "power-take-off-operated" vac and there are a fair few at various price points. Mikita tools very rarely match up to my hose, though the mitre saw is a direct plug in other tools, like my routers usually use a duct-tape adaptor.

With my midi, it can fill up quickly depending on which tool and how much work is being done. With some tools there is little to no dust left in the air, but I think with mitre saws you almost always get a fair bit escape into the atmosphere.

Personally I recommend the Lidl power take off vac which comes around now and again, not as good as my Festool, but effective and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Latest posts

Back