Milwaukee packout for screws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious about the packout stuff but it's very expensive.
I'm heavily invested in dewalt toughboxes because of the airtight seals that let me protect tools in an unheated garage over winter. These have served me well since I first found them several years ago.
The packout system has better latches but it seems to waste a lot of space in the thickness of walls and top, corner mouldings, etc and doesn't feel stronger. The price is waaay more. It feels like Milwaukee red is trying to compete with Festool green for the overpriced plastic title.

DS150 toughboxes have been on ebay recently for as little as £22 recently, a bit more with the yellow inserts for organising screws. That's almost as cheap as the stanley deep organisers but for a much better box.
20221031_123017.jpg

The second generation toughboxes have better latches, like the Milwaukee, but the boxes feel less robust than the originals.

Yeah the DeWalt is cheaper, the cost does annoy me a bit about the packout stuff but ultimately I think it's best solution for me so I've now dived in and bought a load of stuff. I've done a post on it.

On the latches I think the side latches on most brands are flawed, a lot of people have multiple columns of these things side by side and the latches on the front give you full access whereas side latches don't.

Back