Milwaukee Packout Wheeled Base Unit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sideways

UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I need a one off wheeled toolbox in the style of the Milwaukee one with big wheels that goes on the bottom of their stack.

20230226_130450.jpg

It's to regularly haul a mixture of kit that is too heavy for me to want to hand carry it, and will be rolled 100yds along a well battered carpark and alley way hence the biggest wheels will be nice.

I have to lift it in and out of a hatchback so not too big and no sack trucks.

Does anyone use one of these and would you recommend it ?

I won't be buying into the rest of the Packout because I use original DeWalt toughboxes for my workshop storage and I'm entirely happy with them for that. The DW equivalent of the Milwaukee rolling box doesn't seem as good though.

Oh, and they're about £115 on promo just now. Is that a good price as these go ?
Thanks

Last edited:
no idea what this is like, or size
BUT FFX have had a virtual show and sale on all week, i think it ends today
https://ffx.co.uk/product/Get/Trend-Ms-C-Cart-5027654064375-Compact-Modular-Storage-Cartthey have other sizes
you say the dewalt one is too small
https://ffx.co.uk/product/Get/Dewal...ak-Mobile-Storage-With-Extendable-Long-Handle
with the toughsystem box's you already have - i'm assuming some of the boxes you have already would simply clip onto this wheel base
https://ffx.co.uk/product/Get/Dewal...Toughsystem-2.0-Ds450-Mobile-Storage-Solution
But as i say the FFX has a number of deals on at the moment , ends today

I was going to buy a toughsystem box on offer , but all my boxs are T-Stak

Thanks for those links.
Still curious about the Milwaukee but I'll be checking out the trend option.

DeWalt toughboxes were the first of this breed and I use them because they are airtight and keep out the damp.
When packout was launched, DW made a gen 2 toughbox to try and stay competitive. They improved the latches (good) but the new boxes are noticeable less rigid than the originals so I have excluded them. TStack is a smaller and much less robust format.

You need to be so careful with these sales. There's a 15% off from FFX and Powertoolmate on ebay right now but this milwaukee box is actually cheaper 10 minutes down the road at toolstation !

The trend is about half the price and also half the load rating of the toughbox / packout sysyems. It looks more like a contender against the Tstak, but bigger.

I need a one off wheeled toolbox in the style of the Milwaukee one with big wheels that goes on the bottom of their stack.

View attachment 154207

It's to regularly haul a mixture of kit that is too heavy for me to want to hand carry it, and will be rolled 100yds along a well battered carpark and alley way hence the biggest wheels will be nice.

I have to lift it in and out of a hatchback so not too big and no sack trucks.

Does anyone use one of these and would you recommend it ?

I won't be buying into the rest of the Packout because I use original DeWalt toughboxes for my workshop storage and I'm entirely happy with them for that. The DW equivalent of the Milwaukee rolling box doesn't seem as good though.

Oh, and they're about £115 on promo just now. Is that a good price as these go ?
Thanks
Have a look at the Carp porter trolleys they do a two wheel one and looks a tad like that one but has pump up tyres.
You have options with it? you can run wider (wheels just outside width of bottom box)or narrower(moving wheels in and either a narrow box on bottom or on a plinth?)front arms move in and out as need to sit close to front of box and the handle has two points of height adjustment.
when i go trekking with mine ie loaded up to gunnels when go fishing i use various bungies from handle to base over front of load so keeps it tight to handle as a gap with way i run it as box is wide so place a length of 3x2 ish on base but then i can place things down in gap also.

when need to put in car/anywhere you can remove handle or if stuck for space it all comes to pieces. Fishing trolly | eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16540322...%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675&epid=12034398108

You need to be so careful with these sales. There's a 15% off from FFX and Powertoolmate on ebay right now
Yes, i have seen the ebay offers , in fact when i was buying a tablesaw - they worked out a few quid cheaper - But only a few quid. and the list price was a lot higher - so as you say, you need to work out the best value for money at the time and the item you want. I was not sure what the T&C's would be buying via ebay and not direct.

i only knew of the trend system from a youtube video from London carpenter i follow

Milwaukee comparison

I do love the big pneumatic tyres 👍
Thing takes some serious weight! plus handle can go one way or other to take it easier to haul with balance and i always use with it forward so brings trolley tilted more over.
Ive another a Humpalumpa that comes to bits with bigger float tyres but axle is wider.Tyres come off and top half slides inside bottom then folds over flat is ok in boot of car etc and the bizz over soft ground/shingle i got it but never used as can't wheel through main door as sprung loaded or in lift and to get from car is 60 yards so almost three trips as box needs two hands so use my fishing rucksack but there good trolleys
https://www.tronixfishing.com/product/tronixpro-beach-trolley/

these were on offer in b and q a few months ago, sadly not now, but I was very impressed by the quality, I know that screwfix also do them, they are made by keter and sold under a few different names (rigid, magnusson, erbauer), the main drawback seems to be that there is a fairly limited range, which is odd for a modular system)

https://www.diy.com/departments/erb...-h-460mm-w-560mm-d-480mm/5059340164441_BQ.prd

I'm discovering that the German co. Flex who made good sanders and polishers have been bought by Chinese co. Chervon. Pushing the Flex brand hard in the USA, there's yet another range of boxes called Flex Stack now on that market but not available here.
Shame really as it's very like the Milwaukee stuff but being new they haven't started to "value engineer" the quality out of it yet.

It's made for Chervon/ Flex in Israel just like many of the other choices.

I too have the Packout wheeled base etc. They are bullet proof.

TESTIMONY
Last year, for Swedish Midsommar, I turned the base unit into a cool box by friction fitting rigid polystyrene and loaded all sorts of gubbins in a second Packout box including a few tools. Then I used ratchet straps around the whole thing to attach materials for a 3.5m tall crucifix + a fence post auger. Must have weighed 30kg+

I then pulled the whole thing through a forest, to a clearing where I proceed to reenact the Ascension… well, not quite, I just danced around it with a mob of Swedes after drinking lots of snaps/schnapps.
9819980D-9E50-46F6-A5AF-BAD135A1BA9D.jpeg

Back