Milwaukee packout for screws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molynoox

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at investing in some packout tool boxes. I've always thought that these site storage solutions needed to be based around a drawer system and these offerings look like they are now here, not sure why it's taken so long for it to happen really but anyway...

...one thing that I can't quite figure out is screw storage. I'm used to the normal DeWalt/stanley organisers which pretty much allow you to store every possible screw between 15mm and 100mm. The bins are just about the right size to accommodate the different screw sizes. Almost like they have thought about it...

Anyway, the packout organisers seem to be either all massively rectangular or all tiny little square compartments. This doesn't work for me.

Am I missing something?

Martin

I used to be forced to use Bosch L-Boxxes at work, I hated them at the time but it was mainly because the lads abused them, they had some quite good inserts available. You don’t seem to be able to get the same with the Milwaukee boxes, but there are some 3D printed inserts available on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14477517...F8kLUg3SES&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
If they didn’t fit the bill, am I right in thinking you’re pretty clued up already when it comes to CAD - could you design them and get someone to print for you? I’d offer myself but the resin printer I’m using at the moment isn’t really convenient for that sort of stuff.

I used to be forced to use Bosch L-Boxxes at work, I hated them at the time but it was mainly because the lads abused them, they had some quite good inserts available. You don’t seem to be able to get the same with the Milwaukee boxes, but there are some 3D printed inserts available on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14477517...F8kLUg3SES&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
If they didn’t fit the bill, am I right in thinking you’re pretty clued up already when it comes to CAD - could you design them and get someone to print for you? I’d offer myself but the resin printer I’m using at the moment isn’t really convenient for that sort of stuff.
Neat idea, could be the winner, thanks 👍

Bit of a miss from Milwaukee though, seems like a really basic need to carry a screw selection around, I assume pretty much everybody does this. Or is it just OCD people?

A lot of people buy screws in bulk tubs and on many jobs there is not a huge range in common use, especially now that many trims and architraves are put on with nailers.

Is it me or they over three times the price of a Stanley Fatmax or am I missing something?Stanley FatMax Deep Pro Organiser 14½ x 18

I have all my screws, nails and many other bits and bobs in my Stanleys

1667079044447.png

Have a look at the trend storage systems- everything from the storage system totes and the trolley to make the system portable.
I took a look, but they have the same flaw as all the other tool boxes. All your tools buried beneath other boxes. Imagine if your kitchen was organised that way.

Thats a neat solution @mikej460 for workshop use, do you buy the organisers during the offers at toolstation or had them a while when they were a lot cheaper at screwfix ?
Hi Roy, I shopped around for offers, most were buy three for a good deal from Screwfix, Toolstation, FFX and Amazon. The organiser rack is full now and very useful.

Mike

Is it me or they over three times the price of a Stanley Fatmax or am I missing something?Stanley FatMax Deep Pro Organiser 14½ x 18

I have all my screws, nails and many other bits and bobs in my Stanleys

View attachment 146117
Yes Milwaukee is expensive. It's like festool; a little bit better and a lot more expensive.
The packout has the quick clipping system so not totally comparible to Stanley, and it might be stronger and more water proof. But the value curve is certainly not linear 😀
Martin

I would say that Milwaukee are a lot more heavy duty than festool, definately aimed at trade and site use and capable of surviving in those conditions.

I would say that Milwaukee are a lot more heavy duty than festool, definately aimed at trade and site use and capable of surviving in those conditions.
Oh sorry yeah I wasn't meaning the tools, just the packout system. Packout is the leader in site storage at the moment and they charge want they want until everybody else catches up.

I took a look, but they have the same flaw as all the other tool boxes. All your tools buried beneath other boxes. Imagine if your kitchen was organised that way.
Fair play, I guess they design them to be as compact as possible, I use the Stanley type but just for screws and other fixings as space for me is critical in my small shop .

Can anyone explain why when I click on the above link for the photo of the milwaukeee packout boxes I get:

Access Denied​

You don't have permission to access "milwaukee packout organiser style inserts box's / bins 3d printed | eBay" on this server.
Reference #18.d73f655f.1667143604.2e062f66

I was able to post on the thread "back to the red" now that access is also denied.

I've been seeing this a lot lately, have the mods restricted my account without telling me?

It wouldn't honestly be a surprise but at least have the backbone to tell me.

Can anyone explain why when I click on the above link for the photo of the milwaukeee packout boxes I get:

Access Denied​

You don't have permission to access "milwaukee packout organiser style inserts box's / bins 3d printed | eBay" on this server.
Reference #18.d73f655f.1667143604.2e062f66

I was able to post on the thread "back to the red" now that access is also denied.

I've been seeing this a lot lately, have the mods restricted my account without telling me?

It wouldn't honestly be a surprise but at least have the backbone to tell me.
If you are having problems with the eBay link, it has nothing to do with the UKW.

The Back to the Red thread was moved to the Off-Topics 2 forum. Posting access to the OT-2 forum is by request only, so if you would like to participate in that thread, let me know and I will happily oblige.

If your UKW account was restricted, you would definitely know and there is plenty of backbone to tell you.

On a different tack, I have twenty of these in my workshop -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391330306315
Looks a bit of a pain to have to play 'rubics cube ' to get to the one you want. I have all my wood screws in their boxes (marked) in a single layer in a shallow cabinet drawer & other fixings in compartment boxes & in wall panel bins.

Back