Milwaukee Ms305 scms any good?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markymark12

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything on the Milwaukee scms, or have experience of it. I have a few mates who have started using a lot of their cordless kit but i do not know anyone using or buying the saw.

My old maktia finally died on me last week and with a pressing need to replace it i have been looking around and raking over the forums. So far it is a toss up over the Kapex's but as some of my work involves cut roofing from time to time i was concerned it may be a bit too sensitive. The makita was a great saw but i was looking for something that went over further for jack cuts and the above have it as beveling to 48degrees and i seem to recall their were issues with the Kapex and having to remove the fence to go past the 45 to the 47.

All input is most welcome.
Cheers

I would be very upset if I spent nearly £1000 on the Kapex and it was too senstive for roofing. I think its highly regarded as the best money can buy if you do go that route.

OPJ has written a lot of good stuff in his blog over the past few months about Mitre Saws and which ones to look for. He got the Makita:

http://ollypj.wordpress.com/2010/03/01/ ... 13-part-1/

Was that what you had already?

Yes i believe it was the 1013, i have had it so long without looking at it i could not be sure. It was 12" crosscut double bevel. I have had for number of years and it has always served me well. Just a bit clumsy when you have to move around, even getting through doors at times, but then that could have something to do with the waist line as well.

I was taken with the rail system of the Kapex and being able to site it back to a wall ,in a kitchen for example, when space can be limited, with the maktia you take up so much room. All in all the maktia is a great saw and if as it did on a number of occasions get knocked, it was always easy to reset by undoing the the 4 bolts on the fence and tightening back down.

i did not know of the other saw until tonight and came across it going through DMs website. The prices are not too much of a issue, over time when you weigh up how much you use and really on the item it comes down to a few pounds on each job and it helps lower the end of year return.

If going for the Kapex is the extra money worth it for KS120 as against the KS88, the laser is not something that i would really on anyway as i prefer to come up on the cut anyway. The angle setter again is of limited use, most internals are going to be scribes so 45 degrees gives me the profile.

So KS88 or KS120 other than the points above, is there anything worth paying the £230 difference for?

I will check out the blog and see what rates.

Back