Mao Shan/Rexon tablesaw project, help needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodwork Journey Dean

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve been without a tablesaw for a while now, must say that I really have missed one. As I’m always scanning marketplace I saw this and just picked it up for £45 as a project.

Cast iron top, 1hp induction motor, and a solid seeming fence made me think it was worth a punt.

I think it’s made by Mao Shan in Thailand, was over here in a few guises but Jet badged one. I think Canada had ones badged King, and many others. I believe Myford have used Mao Shan and possibly Grizzly. This one looks as though it was brought over by Rexon and is an RXW-10

The worm drive movements seem much better than modern threaded bars for the lift and tilt, but that’s also where my challenge starts.

I’m told it’s needing this little fella or the little one to the left of it
IMG_1160.jpeg

(Picture taken from another thread)

I’ve not taken it to bits yet as I just got it home, but that little worm drive is needed for the lift mechanism.
The tilt mechanism is just fine.

Anyone know where I may be able to get one, or the pattern for one to maybe 3d print?

I’ll need to get an NVR and a few bits and bobs but I’m looking forward to the challenge, and if it goes to poop it would have been a fun time

This is mine, just got home and knackered so need to rest before I can play with it

IMG_1168.jpeg
IMG_1170.jpeg
IMG_1171.jpeg

Lastly, anyone know what this is? Maybe the shaft that the worn drive attaches to and needs a hand wheel that I’ll print?

IMG_1173.jpeg

Last edited:
Lastly, anyone know what this is? Maybe the shaft that the worn drive attaches to and needs a hand wheel that I’ll print?
Hi Dean, hope all is well & yes that definitely looks like the rise fall shaft, and the pointy bit will be your your angle indicator. Looks like handwheel has snapped as you said - that's the remnants of the handwheel stuck on the exposed shaft with the locking knob that goes in front of the handwheel still intact.

Can't help on the worm drive issue, but looks like all parts are there? Are they just not engaging in the threads?

Good luck, looks like a nice solid project to restore - just for info Mao Shan are Taiwan (not Thailand) - reasonable sized company & used by a lot of suppliers over the years.

Cheers & sure we will meet up in Norwich at some point
Nick

Hi Dean, hope all is well & yes that definitely looks like the rise fall shaft, and the pointy bit will be your your angle indicator. Looks like handwheel has snapped as you said - that's the remnants of the handwheel stuck on the exposed shaft with the locking knob that goes in front of the handwheel still intact.

Can't help on the worm drive issue, but looks like all parts are there? Are they just not engaging in the threads?

Good luck, looks like a nice solid project to restore - just for info Mao Shan are Taiwan (not Thailand) - reasonable sized company & used by a lot of suppliers over the years.

Cheers & sure we will meet up in Norwich at some point
Nick
Hey Nick,

Thank you for the answer. I completely missed the Thailand Taiwan bit, I must have been having a brain fart that day lol

The pic showing all the bits is from someone else’s post about a similar saw unfortunately, and the gear I’m missing is the one to the bottom left of the one I’ve circled.
Fortunately mine is missing that gear, and I think it would be attached to the other end of the bit on it’s own that should have the hand wheel on it.

I’ve contacted the normal spares places in the UK which couldn’t help, and Mao Shan and Rexon and they haven’t answered. I think I’m going to have to figure out the gear, prototype it with a 3d print, and either use that or see if the sizes are used on something else.

I’m certainly going to do my best to get this back to life though. Hey, if i I can’t then at least I’ve not wasted a tonne of cash 😁

Definitely looking forward to a meet up!

I would rekon that saw is a Korean Naerok table saw also marketed my Aximinster as the ats250. I have Naerok version and access to the axis one which I think is the slightly better version.

Back