• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Sartrite Tilt Arbour Saw TA275 Single Phase - Small Project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walcote

Established Member
Reaction score
Sartrite Tilt Arbour Saw TA275 Single Phase

I am moving to another country so am shifting some of my surplus and projects.

This is another saw that just needs a little work to get it ready for some real work. It is single phase but needs rewiring.

All the parts in the pics included. Includes extension bars for wider boards and a really nice mitre fence.

Mechanically the saw is great. There is one main problem. The casting on the rip fence cracked. I started to machine it to rebuild it but I haven't had the time to finish the job.

Collection only. I can help load it but if it needs lifting far we may have to dismantle it. I got it in my Mitsubishi Shogun fairly easily with a bit of faff.

Please feel free to arrange a viewing. I have LOADS of other stuff to go which will be offered at bargain prices to those buying the machine.

£300 for a quick hassle free sale.

Located in Hinckley

Cheers,

Mike

IMG_3699.JPEG
IMG_3700.JPEGIMG_3701.JPEGIMG_3702.JPEGIMG_3703.JPEGIMG_3704.JPEGIMG_3705.JPEGIMG_3706.JPEGIMG_3707.JPEGIMG_3707.JPEGIMG_3708.JPEG

BARGAIN - Will take £250 if you can collect Sunday 23rd 27th November.

Last edited:
Hah. Good point! Should be Sunday 27th November!
Hi

Interested and could come on way back from Manchester on Sunday, although it's not really "on the way" (i.e. don't tell my wife). Can you tell me a bit more about the fence work needed please? I'm no metalworker.

Thanks

The fence cracked so I machined off the cracked part to leave a flat surface. The plan was to weld a block of material to the casting and re machine the bore. If you don't have the tools or knowledge a local machine shop would probably take a look at it or you could buy a replacement the part all together.

RIP FENCE CASTING.JPG

This crude picture/drawing shows the part and where the extra bit needs to be added.

I also thought about making a new fence for it with aluminium extrusions. I have a load spare so you could take a few bits for this purpose.

I just looked again on ebay and saw this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/23194221...uid=wcKGpjlVQ4u&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
It is an axminster tools rip fence. Looks like it would fit. It is 740mm wide which is the same width as the saw top. I would have fitted this a while ago had I found it so I could use the saw but it's too late now!

Cheers.

The fence cracked so I machined off the cracked part to leave a flat surface. The plan was to weld a block of material to the casting and re machine the bore. If you don't have the tools or knowledge a local machine shop would probably take a look at it or you could buy a replacement the part all together.

View attachment 147825

This crude picture/drawing shows the part and where the extra bit needs to be added.

I also thought about making a new fence for it with aluminium extrusions. I have a load spare so you could take a few bits for this purpose.

I just looked again on ebay and saw this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/23194221...uid=wcKGpjlVQ4u&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
It is an axminster tools rip fence. Looks like it would fit. It is 740mm wide which is the same width as the saw top. I would have fitted this a while ago had I found it so I could use the saw but it's too late now!

Cheers.
Thanks. That's beyond me I'm afraid, and last time I got a machining quote they clearly thought it was a part for the next moon lander. Regretfully will have to pass.

Looks like the failure is not uncommon. I repaired the casting on mine many years ago. I turned a 6 mm thick washer, cut a piece out of the arc so it was now a C, then drilled and tapped the end of the casting to take the supporting C.

Colin

Looks like the failure is not uncommon. I repaired the casting on mine many years ago. I turned a 6 mm thick washer, cut a piece out of the arc so it was now a C, then drilled and tapped the end of the casting to take the supporting C.

Colin
That's a smart solution. The casting only touches the guide bar at a narrow section at the ends so what you did is all you need to maintain good function. That sounds a quite a bit simpler and more time efficient than what I was planning! If only I had heard about that some time ago!

Back