• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Wadkin 12AGS for sale.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walcote

Established Member
Reaction score
Wadkin 12 AGS

I am moving to another country so am shifting some of my surplus and projects.

This is a 3 Phase machine but I have a large single phase motor, which I can include in the sale, for those wishing to convert it (see pics). It is not a direct replacement but looks like it wouldn't take a lot to get it to fit.

As you would expect from a cast iron beast like this it is in good usable condition. However there are a couple of issues.

First, as it is 3 Phase, I have no way to test it. It was working when I picked it up a couple of years ago but has been idle since. The single phase motor can be seen running and was my intention to use it to run had I got round to it.

The other issue is the quadrant gear for the rise/fall has some damage to the teeth. This means it will not go to the very lowest position. It can go low enough for almost any task but the blade cannot be fully retracted below the table. (see pics for the lowest and highest positions. These are available to buy but are not cheap so my intention was to use it as is.

Collection only. I can help load it but if it needs lifting far we will have to dismantle it. With the top and sides off I got it in my Mitsubishi Shogun fairly easily.

Please feel free to arrange a viewing. I have LOADS of other stuff to go which will be offered at bargain prices to those buying the machine.

EDIT - Located in Hinckley

£500ono

IMG_3651.JPEG
IMG_3651.JPEGIMG_3652.JPEGIMG_3653.JPEGIMG_3654.JPEGIMG_3655.JPEG
IMG_3657.JPEG
IMG_3649.JPEG
IMG_3647.JPEGIMG_3658.JPEG
IMG_3656.JPEG

Cheers, Mike

Last edited:
These are the lowest and highest. It is very smooth to operate but bottoms out early:

Lowest:
IMG_3659.JPEG

Highest:
IMG_3660.JPEG

BARGAIN - Will take £400 if you can collect Sunday 27th November.

edit - date was wrong.

Last edited:
Back