Millimetre rules/tapes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toscageoff

Established Member
Reaction score
Greetings

Any idea where I can purchase a rule/tape with ONLY millimetres on ie NO Centimetres so that when I measure something I read, say, 300 plus 3 dashes is 303 and not, 30 centimetres, let me see there are 10 millimetres in a centimetre so 30 X 10 is 300 plus 3 dashes is 303.

TIA

That's the great thing about this forum, you see things you didn't know you needed! :D

I wonder if there are MM only tapes?

Fisco make mm only tapes, ie BIG T and like the problem you have with 30 cm then workout mm. Each 10 mm is marked ie 20cm then 21cm all you have too do is count the mm lines to get to given distance. If you see what I mean.

i'm sure that axminster sell mm only tapes.
I recently bought 5 cheapy ones while on holiday in Finland. wife thought I was mad.
Can't be doing with those outdated old fashioned, inaccurate, imperial measurement thingies.
I thought that was why we were in the EU, to get rid of all that stuff !

maltrout512":ji9pfdsz said:
Fisco make mm only tapes, ie BIG T and like the problem you have with 30 cm then workout mm. Each 10 mm is marked ie 20cm then 21cm all you have too do is count the mm lines to get to given distance. If you see what I mean.

You mean the Big T is a metric tape, no MM only? I can't see a MM only tape on the Fisco website.

Can't see one on Axminster/Google either.

Have what? MM only tapes or Metric tapes? i.e CM's

Why do you want one with mm marking only, Wizer?

It would just have 1300 instead of 130, or whatever - adding the 0 isn't that taxing on the old brain cell?

Can;t see why you would not want one, far more easy. I've a Stanley combination square which comes with a MM only ruler. Irs' stamped 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 upto 290. Bery handy if only it was all steel, etched and more acurate :roll:

Shadowfax":jv6k2p28 said:
That's what the OP asked for, Jake.
I think Wizer was just pointing that out.

Indeed, tho i'd probably try one out if it were available, cheap and i was in need of another tape (which I am).

Ah OK, whoops - teach me to read the whole thread, and especially the OP. Sorry Tosca, my braincell just finds it more intuitive I guess.

Back